Peanut Butter Pretzel Muddy Buddies
I think it goes without saying that anything covered in peanut butter and chocolate has got to be delicious! These peanut butter pretzel muddy buddies are no exception! I’m not really sure how I came up with this idea, but I’m so glad I did :) I’ve always been a huge fan of Snyder’s of peanut butter pretzel sandwiches so turning them into muddy buddies or puppy chow seemed like a no-brainer. The sweet and salty combo is absolute perfection!
This recipe is so easy to put together, you just need a few simple ingredients and less than 7 minutes!!! Yep, you heard right, this is quick and effortless! The trickiest thing about this recipe will be finding the peanut butter pretzel sandwiches. They’re available at most well stocked grocery stores, but if you have a hard time finding them you can always use the little “pillow” bites, plain ones or even make your own! You’ll need 2 (8 oz.) bags for 8 servings.
Now all that’s left is to heat the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a large microwave safe bowl. I usually give it 1 minute 15 seconds on HIGH and then stir it until it becomes smooth. You may notice a few chips are still intact, but that’s ok, they’ll disappear as you stir. Pour in a little vanilla extract, stir and then fold in the peanut butter pretzel sandwiches. Once everything is coated evenly pour it into a large ziploc bag, add some powdered sugar, seal and shake! That’s it! Just lay them out on a piece of parchment or wax paper to “cool” and then enjoy! We like to place ours in the refrigerator for a few hours before eating… call us crazy ;)
I hope you’ll give this delicious twist on a a holiday classic a try- it’s quickly become a family favorite!
- ½ c. semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ c. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 (8 oz.) bags of Snyder's of Hanover Peanut Butter Pretzel Sandwiches
- ¾ c. powdered sugar*
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Heat on HIGH for 1 minute, remove and stir until smooth (and any remaining chocolate chips melt), then stir in vanilla.
- Pour the pretzels into the bowl, stirring to evenly coat. Pour into a large ziploc bag, then add the powdered sugar. Seal and shake until the pretzels are coated. You may have a few that stick together, you can either leave them or pull them apart, seal the bag up and shake until they get coated.
- Pour onto a large piece of parchment or wax paper, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before storing in an airtight container.
Recipe source: Chex