Top 10 Recipes of 2014
I can’t believe the year is almost over, 2014 has flown by!!! I thought it would be fun to round up the most popular recipes from this past year and share them with you guys. So here are Life Made Simple’s Top 10 Recipes of 2014 + 5 family favorites! I hope you’ll give a few of these a try, I know they’ve been a hit with our family and with all who have tried them! P.S. thank you to my readers and those of you who make/bake my recipes! This blog is for you and I appreciate your comments and support! My move to WordPress was one of the best decisions I’ve made for this little blog, it’s grown so much over the past 10 months! I’ve already got a year of recipes planned and I can’t wait to share them with you! Happy New Year friends!!
Top 10 Recipes of 2014 on Life Made Simple
1. “Frozen” Popcorn Snowballs: these ooey gooey treats have been a huge hit this year! Although who wouldn’t love sweet popcorn covered in marshmallows and studded with M&M’s and snowflake sprinkles?! They’re definitely the perfect little treat for Frozen inspired parties :)
2. Rich Fudgy Flourless Brownies: a favorite especially for those who are gluten-free! These brownies are super decadent and rich, you’d never know that they’re made without flour!
3. Salted Caramel Bittersweet Chocolate Tart: a definite show stopper! This tart starts with a flaky vanilla bean crust, then has a thick layer of fudgy bittersweet ganache and is topped with homemade salted caramel. So good you’ll want to lick your plate clean!
4. Better Than Takeout Orange Chicken: we love Chinese food but always end up disappointed when we go out to eat. So I decided to take matters into my own hands by whipping up this homemade version of orange chicken. It’s quickly become a family favorite!
5. 1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls: love cinnamon rolls but hate waiting around for them all day? I’ve got the perfect solution! These rolls are soft, fluffy and delicious… they best part? They’re done in 1 hour! I love making these around the holidays or whenever I’m in a hurry…. and based on all of the lovely comments I’ve received, so do my readers!!!
6. Apple Harvest Salad: this salad is such a great way to pack in the protein and use up those gorgeous apples that are so abundant in the fall! It makes a great lunch or a side for dinner!
7. Perfect New York Cheesecake: it really is perfect! If you’re looking for a fail-proof recipe, you’ve gotta give this one a try! It’s thick, rich and oh so creamy!
8. 1 Hour Soft and Fluffy Dinner Rolls: because I hate waiting on dinner rolls too! This recipe is incredibly easy to throw together and yields extra soft and fluffy rolls in no time!
9. Homemade Cosmic Brownies: recreating childhood classics has become an obsession of mine. These homemade cosmic brownies taste just like the real deal, only without all of the preservatives :)
10. Monster Cookie Dough Energy Bites: this past year I tried to incorporate a few more “healthy” recipes, don’t worry, I’ll be better this next year. These monster cookie dough energy bites were a huge success. I even had an Olympian share the recipe on her Instagram feed… needless to say I was incredibly honored!
+ 5 of our family’s favorite recipes!
1. Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies: listen here people… these are the best darn chocolate chip cookies you will ever have. No really, I’ve deemed these as our go-to recipe! You’ve gotta give them a try, I guarantee you’ll love them!
2. Chicken Apple Walnut Salad: a copycat recipe of my favorite salad from a local pizza place. It’s topped with fruit, nuts, veggies and protein and has a great homemade apple cider dressing to go along with it!
3. Nutella Filled S’mores Cupcakes: probably one of my husband’s favorite desserts of the year. These graham cupcakes are stuffed with melty Nutella and topped with homemade mallow frosting (toasted of course). Summer + these cupcakes = a match made in heaven.
4. Stovetop Citrus Carnitas: my husband’s favorite savory dish of the year… and maybe mine too! We loved all of the incredible flavors that were packed into this pulled pork. It made great tacos and enchiladas!
5. Salted Caramel Cookie Dough Cups: don’t ask where I came up with the idea for these decadent little bites. One day they popped into my head and I couldn’t stop thinking about them… I’m so glad I didn’t! They’ve got everything I love packed into bite-size cups. They were a huge hit at our house and with everyone who tried them!