Restaurant Style Guacamole
Good, fresh and flavorful guacamole is the best! Our family loves guac and gobbles it up anytime I make it. This restaurant style guacamole is our go-to recipe. It’s packed full of jalapeño, cilantro and red onion with the perfect hint of lime!
About a month ago I finally decided it was time to give up on avocados. Our toddler eats them a lot but for some reason they give me a stomachache. I can’t figure out why… but every time I eat something with avocado I always end up feeling sick, which is sad because I love them! Before I swore them off, I decided to whip up and enjoy one last batch of this crazy good guacamole.
It’s a recipe I’ve adjusted over time… and after several batches it’s finally perfect. Did I mention that it’s super easy to make? It only requires a few ingredients and just 10 minutes of prep time. Hooray! All you need is a few good ripe avocados, a jalapeño, a lime, half a red onion, a handful of cilantro and some salt, pepper and garlic powder. No pre-packaged mix, just fresh ingredients and pantry-staple spices.
When you’ve got everything mashed up and folded in, it’s good to go. Of course if you want to make it ahead of time go ahead and add one pit back into it and cover it with a thin layer of cold water & some plastic wrap (and refrigerate it). When it’s time to serve it just pour off the water, remove the pit and give it a little stir. If you want to get extra fancy you can add in some chopped tomato along with a pinch of extra salt & pepper. Just throwing that option out there, sometimes we do that if we aren’t having salsa.
Next time you’re about to whip up a batch of homemade guacamole, you’ve got to give this recipe a try! It’s a family favorite. And eat an extra bite or two for me ;)
- 4 large ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. white or black pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ of a red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ c. cilantro, finely chopped
- Cut the avocados in half and the remove the pits, set one aside and discard the rest. Scoop out the centers of the avocados and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the lime juice, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until relatively smooth (the consistency is up to you).
- Using a spatula or a fork, fold in the jalapeño, red onion and cilantro. Season to taste.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple