Quick & Easy Butter Garlic Noodles
With baby #2 due in a little over a month, I’ve been trying to simplify our family dinners. That means anything that requires minimal prep work has shot to the top of my list and if it takes less than 30 minutes, even better! These butter garlic noodles are quite possibly the easiest noodles I’ve ever made. Not only that, but they’re crazy flavorful and filling. Win-win!
All you need is a pound of pasta (any shape will do but I prefer one that will hold sauce well), butter, garlic, salt, pepper and cheese. Simple, right?! While you’re pasta is boiling, in a medium saucepan heat the butter until melted. Add 8 cloves of minced garlic and sauté until tender and fragrant. Add in the salt and pepper and pour over the drained pasta. Toss with parmesan and pecorino cheese and garnish with a some fresh parsley (totally optional). That’s it. Crazy easy, crazy delicious.
We served ours up with grilled chicken and zucchini- it was perfect! I can’t tell you enough how much we love these noodles. My husband kept going back for more and more! If you want to get extra fancy you could brown some of the butter for a nuttier flavor… I mean, brown butter makes everything 10x more delicious, so you can’t go wrong!
I hope you’ll fall in love with this dish- I know our family did! Pasta, butter, garlic, salt, pepper and cheese… that’s a hard-to-beat combo! Enjoy :)
- 1 lb. pasta (whole wheat or regular)
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ c. Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1-2 tbsp. freshly parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a large stock pot full of salted water, cook pasta according to package's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan set over medium low heat, melt the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the minced garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes or until translucent and fragrant. Do not brown the garlic! Add the salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta, return to the large stockpot. Pour the garlic-butter sauce over top, stir to combine. Allow the pasta to rest for 3-4 minutes so that it can absorb some of the sauce. Serve and garnish with cheeses and parsley (if desired).