5-Ingredient Pizza Bagel Bites
Kids and adults alike will love these 5-ingredient pizza bagel bites! They only take minutes to make & bake and even less time to devour!!
Lately we’ve been making pizzas for lunch using flatbreads, and I have to tell you, it’s been freeing. Not having to plan ahead (to make homemade dough) has been so nice, especially with two little kiddos. The other day we were out of our favorite garlic flatbreads but we had a bag of mini bagels so we broke them into halves and used them for the base. I kind of loved them. They were a hit with our entire family, and I think they’ll be one with yours too! ????
Here’s what I did. I started by halving the bagels. Since there were four of us (two adults and two kids), we made 6 and it was the perfect amount. I grabbed a pouch of pizza sauce (yes, don’t judge, you can make your own too but I love the Rustic Crust kind & the scratch version our grocery store sells), spread a dab of it over the bagels, topped it with a sprinkle of parmesan, some mozzarella and a generous amount of mini pepperoni.
I tossed them in the oven at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until I noticed the pepperoni getting nice and crispy on the edges. After letting them cool for a few minutes I sprinkled on a bit of extra parmesan and a pinch or two of fresh herbs. Start to finish it took me 15 minutes to make these delicious little pizza bites- that’s it!
We’ll be making these babies over and over again. They’d be a great party appetizer, perfect for school lunches, or a really speedy dinner solution. You can even prep them ahead of time and freeze them in a ziploc bag so when huger strikes all you have to do is toss them into the oven for a few extra minutes. ???? Next time you’re at the store, grab these 5 ingredients and get busy!
- ½ c. mini pepperoni
- 3 mini bagels
- 6 tbsp. pizza sauce (I used a package of Rustic Crust pizza sauce)
- ¼ c. grated parmesan cheese, divided
- ¾ c. grated mozzarella cheese
- Optional garnish:
- Freshly chopped basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a quarter sheet pan with a silicone baking mat.
- Spread the pepperoni on a paper towel lined plate and microwave on high for 20 seconds. Use the paper towel to dab off all of the excess grease you can.
- Slice (or break) the bagels in half so that you have 6 pieces, place on the prepared baking sheet. For each bagel bite, spread 1 tablespoon of sauce over top, sprinkle ½ tablespoon of parmesan cheese over the sauce, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of mozzarella, followed by a generous amount of pepperoni.
- Place in the oven to bake until the cheese is melty and the pepperoni begins to get crispy around the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes before sprinkling the tops with the remaining parmesan cheese and chopped herbs (if desired).
-Doubling or tripling this recipe is super easy! These are great appetizers because they take no time to make & bake!
Recipe source: Life Made Simple