Top 10 Recipes of 2016 + 25 Favorites
I can’t believe the year is almost over, 2016 has flown by!!! I thought it would be fun to round up the most popular recipes from this past year and share them with you guys. So here are Life Made Simple’s Top 10 Recipes of 2016 + 25 favorites. I hope you’ll give a few of these a try, I know they’ve been a big hit with our family & with all of those who have tried them! P.S. thank you to my readers and those of you who make/bake my recipes! This blog is for you and I appreciate your comments and support (make sure to check out my latest series– it’s super fun)! This next year is going to be a whirlwind, we are expecting BIG changes both on the blog and in real life, so please be patient! That said, I’ve already got my calendar planned out & packed full of delicious recipes- I can’t wait to share them with you! Happy New Year friends!!
Top 10 Recipes of 2016
1. One-Pot Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Noodles The comfort of chicken pot pie without all of the work! My one-pot creamy chicken pot pie noodles are creamy, flavorful and best of all, filling! I had no idea how popular this recipe would be, but it’s going crazy on Pinterest right now!
2. Tuscan Lentil Soup I have quite a few lentil soup recipes on the blog. I don’t think we’ll ever get tired of them. This particular soup is inspired by a really popular Tuscan soup… chances are you’ve probably tried it before (and enjoyed some endless salad and breadsticks with it too). I’m made it *slightly* healthier by adding a few more veggies, ditching the cream and loading it with LENTILS.
3. Double Chocolate Muffins Finally!!! A chocolate muffin that’s super tender, moist and bursting with chocolate flavor. These double chocolate muffins are everything (apparently you guys thought so too- they’ve received rave reviews ????????)!
4. Perfect Pot Roast A simple yet perfect pot roast with carrots, potatoes, onions, fresh herbs and roasted garlic. It’s tender, flavorful and requires just one pot! We’ve made this roast at least 5 times this past winter… it never gets old.
5. Outrageous Macaroni and Cheese I kind of have a thing for macaroni and cheese. But I’m also really picky about it too. It has to be made with REAL cheese and it can’t be greasy. Tell me I’m not alone. That said, I always get a little nervous when I make a new recipe, because I already have a few tried & true ones that I really love. I’m happy to report this one was a
big huge hit with both me and my family. My husband said it’s one of the best I’ve made!! ???????? So of course I had to share it with you all!
6. Oven Baked Popcorn Chicken Think it’s impossible to make crispy, flavorful, golden brown chicken nuggets at home? Think again! My oven baked popcorn chicken is easy, delicious and a lot healthier than fast food or the frozen stuff! We’re slightly obsessed with these little nuggets. Our kids are too! P.S. this is NOT a copycat of any kind… just wanted to throw that out there.
7. Classic Gingerbread Cookies These classic gingerbread cookies are made from scratch and full of warm winter spices. Our kiddos had a blast making these cute little guys. They became popular on Pinterest overnight.
8. Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas I love a quick and simple dinner. These sheet pan fajitas are just that! They only take a few minutes to prep and the rest is done in the oven. Meanwhile you can whip up some of our favorite spanish rice and a bowl of homemade guacamole. As soon as these come out of the oven, top them with your favoring fixings and dinner is served!
9. Homemade Funfetti Cake Ever since I was little I can remember always requesting a funfetti cake for my birthday. It was & still is one of my favorites! It’s been a few years since I’ve had it, so this time I decided it was time to make a homemade version- 100% from scratch. And guess what? It’s even better than the boxed kind!
10. Chili Mac and Cheese Hearty, cheesy, and oh so delicious! This chili mac and cheese is packed full of flavor and ready to go in just 30 minutes. It’s two of my favorite comfort foods made into one seriously yummy dish! Plus it’s perfect for any time of the year!
10 Most Searched Recipes of 2016 (recipes you’ve gotta try).
15 Family Favorites of 2016 (recipes we’ve made over & over again)