Berry Coconut Cheesecake Fools
My love for all things coconut has grown even stronger this summer… and for no-bake desserts & fresh berries :) That’s where these no-bake berry coconut cheesecake fools come in! I’ve decided to show Chobani how easy it is to make a really fresh, light and simple dessert featuring their Coconut Blended Greek Yogurt… and you can too!
Over the past year or so I’ve become a huge Greek yogurt fan. I love baking and cooking with it, and of course eating it straight out of the cup! Finding new ways to incorporate it into recipes has been really fun, especially when it makes whipping up a beautiful dessert almost effortless! You can find lots of yummy ideas here.
I chose to make a no-bake version of my favorite new york cheesecake. It’s a lightened-up layered “fool” with graham cracker crumbs, a light coconut cheesecake filling and a raspberry-strawberry sauce… and it’s absolutely delicious!
The filling is made with coconut Greek yogurt (feel free to use plain or vanilla), 1/3 the fat cream cheese, a bit of powdered sugar and vanilla bean paste. For the sauce I combined fresh raspberries and strawberries in a saucepan and cooked them down until they were nice and thick. I sweetened them with a bit of sugar and used a squeeze of lemon juice to help balance everything out. It only took me about 20 minutes, start to finish, to make these lovely little desserts.
I layered everything once the sauce had cooled and served them with flakes of coconut, blueberries and extra chunky graham cracker crumbs on top. You can always swirl the sauce into the filling for a more marbled look, but I figured my spoon would do that :)
Next time you’re at the grocery store, grab some Greek yogurt and make your family and friends some of these berry coconut cheesecake fools. They’re easy, delicious and the perfect way to use up all of a bunch of berries! Enjoy and happy no-baking!
- For the sauce:
- 1½ c. fresh strawberries, quartered
- ½ c. fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ c. water
- ½ lemon, juiced
- For the cheesecake filling:
- 1 (8 oz.) block ⅓ the fat cream cheese, at room temperature for 20 minutes
- 2 (5.3 oz.) containers Chobani Coconut Blended Greek Yogurt (or plain or vanilla)
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or extract
- 4 graham crackers, crumbled
- ¼ c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ c. fresh blueberries
- In a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, add the strawberries, raspberries, sugar, water and lemon juice. Cook until the berries have softened and a sauce forms, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl or container (I like to use a rectangular tupperware container as it allows the sauce to cool more quickly). Allow to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes before placing in the refrigerator to cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl add the softened cream cheese and Greek yogurt. Using a hand mixer, beat until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, beat for an additional minute. Place in the refrigerator to chill along with the sauce.
- When the sauce is cool, assemble the fools. I used 4 (8 oz) jars, you can use mugs, glasses or bowls too. Start by adding a layer of the graham cracker crumbs, then the filling, then the sauce. Add an additional layer of filling and sauce, then sprinkle with chunks of graham crackers, flakes of coconut and a few blueberries. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple