Roasted Spring Vegetables
Looking for a fresh, flavorful and colorful side dish? Then you’ve got to try these roasted spring vegetables! They’re quick, easy and absolutely delicious.
I love veggies, but I’m not a huge fan of steamed ones. Am I the only one? Roast them with a little olive oil and seasoning and I could eat the whole pan! I thought I’d share this simple, flavorful recipe right before Easter because it’s an easy side dish to throw together for big gatherings. It’s also perfect for those busy weeknights too!
I used a variety of spring vegetables including: carrots, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, leek and red potatoes. I really wanted to toss on some artichoke but our store was completely out. You could also do halved radishes too! Once you’ve got everything chopped up, start by roasting the potatoes and carrots first. They take the longest and you don’t want to overcook the rest of the veggies. After about 10 minutes toss on the rest, season and roast until they’re nice and crispy, about 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven, season to taste and enjoy warm! We love making this as a side dish for special occasions and when we have odds and ends left in the fridge and on the counter… which we somehow always do. It’s mostly all prep work, the oven does the rest. I hope you’ll enjoy these easy, delicious roasted spring vegetables as much as we do!
- 6 carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 4 red potatoes, cut into ¾-inch chunks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 leeks, green ends removed, halved lengthwise and chopped into three chunks
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- pinch paprika and garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the potatoes and carrots in 1 tbsp. olive oil. Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower and leeks in the remaining olive oil. Remove the pan from the oven and spread the vegetables over top. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and lemon juice. Return to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes. Remove and season to taste, serve immediately.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple