Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
These Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders are perfect for game day or any day! Full of flavor and topped with a tangy homemade coleslaw.
Don’t mind me, I’m just trying to dust off some cobwebs over here.
This summer has been great but hard. Having 3 little kids at home 24/7 is like playing a never-ending game of whack-a-mole. 😲😆 We’ve been staying busy, but that means blog stuff gets pushed to the side. School starts in a little over 2 weeks and I’m both nervous and excited. Nervous because we’ll have a kindergartener AND preschooler, and excited because I’ll get some time with just the baby AND to work on all the things. Exercise, house/yard work, errands and recipe testing!
I’m still doing the dairy-free soy-free thing… but, I had cheese a few days ago to see if it would cause a reaction and I just can’t tell. So we’re sticking with the favorites for now and I’m trying to add a few new things to our meal rotation like these Instant Pot buffalo chicken sliders.
Don’t let the fact that they are dairy-free and soy-free scare you off. That’s not because I used weird ingredients, they’re naturally that way. I did, however, make my own buns because I cannot for the life of my find store-bought buns that I can have. They’re gluten-free or dairy-free but not soy-free or vice versa. Why?!?!?
While the buns were rising I grabbed my Instant Pot and added the ingredients for the chicken: chicken thighs, buffalo sauce, celery salt, ground black pepper. So simple, right?
If you plan on serving these to kids (or people that dislike spicy food), make sure to grab the original buffalo sauce and NOT the hot buffalo sauce. There is a difference, trust me!
The buffalo chicken takes about 35 minutes start to finish. While it’s magically tenderizing in the IP, start the slaw.
It’s really easy too! Like, you’ll be wondering why you haven’t been making it all your life easy.
Slice up a half of a head of green cabbage along with some carrot and red onion, then add some mayo, vinegar, sugar, celery salt, and pepper. Toss it together and it’s done. Let it rest in the refrigerator while you’re waiting for the chicken to finish.
Manually release the pressure, add some more sauce, then shred the chicken with two forks. I do it right in the Instant Pot!
Top each bun with a big saucy pile of buffalo chicken and a spoonful of homemade coleslaw. Serve these sliders up with your favorite side: mac and cheese, baked beans and sweet potato fries are a few of ours.
These Instant Pot buffalo chicken sliders are a total crowd pleaser. They’re perfect for entertaining or for a busy weeknight!
Need more recipes? Subscribe to my email list! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there. You’ll receive posts, newsletters and so much more!
Hungry for more delicious buffalo chicken recipes? Try these:
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas – Gimme Delicious
- Buffalo Chicken Bake with Bacon – Julia’s Album
- Buffalo Chicken Bites – Salt and Baker
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – Life Made Simple
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – Spend with Pennies
For the chicken:
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 c. buffalo sauce (original, medium or hot)
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
For the coleslaw:
- 1/2 head of green cabbage
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise (more to taste)
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot. Top chicken with 1/3 cup of buffalo sauce, celery salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and press MANUAL mode with HIGH pressure for 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the coleslaw, in a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss until evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- After the chicken has fully cooked, carefully turn the steam release vent (I always do this with a long oven mitt on) and let the pressure come down manually. Once the valve pops, remove the lid.
- Drain all but 1/2 cup of the liquid. Using two forks, shred the chicken (keeping larger chunks intact) and toss with remaining buffalo sauce.
- Pile buffalo chicken on each bun, then top with coleslaw (and blue cheese, if desired). Serve immediately.
- This recipe can be made in a slow cooker as well. 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- You can make this recipe with rotisserie chicken as well if you're in a time crunch. Skip the Instant Pot and warm your chicken on the stovetop in a nonstick skillet with a lid for about 8-10 minutes on medium-low.