No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
A creamy, rich recipe for no-bake peanut butter pie with a nutter butter crust. This easy, fool-proof pie is made from scratch and perfect for any time of the year!
Raise your hand if you LOVE peanut butter! 🙋
Good, me too!! This no-bake peanut butter pie is a peanut butter lover’s dream. It has a thick, buttery Nutter Butter crust, a thick peanut butter filling, and a crumbly, crunchy peanut topping.
The first time I made this pie I was smitten. Peanut butter desserts have always been my kryptonite. If you’ve been following along for some time know you’ve probably noticed I make a lot of them! 😊 The Best Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Caramel Crunch Popcorn, Peanut Butter Buckeyes, Triple Threat Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream, and Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies to name a few.
This past summer I needed to bring a dessert to a function and this is what I ended up taking. It disappeared in minutes. So I made it again, snapped some pictures along the way, and wrote the recipe down so I could share it with you!
To start, you’ll make the crust in a food processor or a large ziploc bag. It takes all of 5 minutes. Everything gets mashed together until fine crumbs form.
Press the crust into a deep 9-inch pie dish, then freeze for 30 minutes.
While the pie crust is firming up, you’ll want to make the filling. It’s super easy too! Start by beating the peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy, then add the powdered sugar and mix.
Pour the heavy cream and vanilla into a large mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. We’re basically making homemade Cool Whip. Fold the into the peanut butter mixture (or gently mix in) until everything is combined. You shouldn’t see any streaks.
Pour the filling into the cold crust and spread into an even layer. I find an offset spatula works best.
Now comes the fun part. You can top this pie with just about anything. I went with leftover crumbs and chopped peanuts. But some other options include:
- Chopped peanut butter cups
- A layer of whipped cream
- A layer of ganache or hot fudge
- Reese’s Pieces candys
- Chocolate curls
- All of the above 😆
It really is up to you. The great thing about this pie is that you can make all sorts of variations!
Just make sure to let it chill sufficiently before slicing and serving. A minimum of 2 hours is recommended. I personally prefer to leave mine overnight.
Keep a glass of milk nearby, because after taking one bite of this no-bake peanut butter pie, you’re gonna need it!
LOOKING FOR MORE NO-BAKE PIES? TRY THESE:
- No-Bake S’mores Pie
- No-Bake Oreo Pie
- No-Bake Strawberry Topped Cheesecake
- No-Bake Mud Pie
- N0-Bake Black Forest Cheesecake Pie
Need more recipes? Subscribe to my email list! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there. You’ll receive posts, newsletters and so much more!
For the crust:
- 16 oz. Nutter Butter cookies, divided
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp. coarse kosher sea salt
For the filling:
- 1 1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz. (1 block) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the topping:
- Whipped cream
- Reserved crushed nutter butters
- Chopped roasted peanuts
- Melted peanut butter, caramel sauce or hot fudge sauce
- In a food processor (or a large ziploc bag with a rolling pin) crush Nutter Butter cookies (filling intact) until fine crumbs form. Add butter and salt, pulse or mix to combine. Remove 1/2 cup and set aside.
- Press moistened crumbs into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish. Freeze for 30 minutes while preparing the filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, beat peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth, about 2 minutes. With mixing speed on low, gradually add the powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form. Gently mix into the peanut butter cream cheese mixture until no streaks remain.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust and spread into a smooth, even layer. Top with reserved crumbs, chopped peanuts and whipped cream, if desired. Chill for at least two hours, or overnight.
- Slice and serve with a melted peanut butter, caramel, or hot fudge drizzle.