Microwave Peanut Brittle
Microwave peanut brittle is a sweet, salty, nutty treat. This holiday classic can be made in the microwave in just a few minutes. No candy thermometer required!
I’ve been on a mission this holiday season to make classic holiday candy in them microwave. Why? Because homemade candy is Achilles heel. Especially the kind you make on the stovetop! I’m sure some of you feel the same way.
Last year I shared microwave caramels, this year I tackled toffee and peanut brittle. There was a lot of trial and error involved, but I think I’ve nailed it! This brittle is sweet, crunchy, and loaded with roasted peanuts. It’s going to be a holiday favorite!
What do you need to make microwave peanut brittle?
- Corn syrup
- Baking Soda
I bet you have most of those on hand! You also need parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to spread the brittle on after it gets cooked. A lined quarter sheet pan is the perfect size.
To make the peanut brittle, you’ll start by whisking the sugar and corn syrup together in a 2 quart bowl. Microwave it on HIGH for 4 minutes.
Mix in the roasted peanut (I use lightly salted or unsalted), then microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
Mix in the butter, vanilla and salt. Microwave the mixture on HIGH for 10 minutes. The color of the sugar will turn golden brown (not quite the color of the finished brittle, a few shades lighter).
Whisk in baking soda and quickly pour onto the prepared baking sheet. You don’t want the brittle to start setting so move fast! Spread it into a thin layer. I kept mine pretty thick, that’s just how I prefer it. If you want a thinner brittle simply spread it out more.
Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour until it’s firm and set. Then break it into a bunch of pieces and enjoy!
Candy making doesn’t have to be intimidating. Using the microwave is a quick and easy way to make holiday treats in half the time!
LOOKING FOR MORE CANDY RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Salted Caramel Peanut Clusters
- Easy Microwave Toffee
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes
- Microwave Salted Caramels
- 6 Ingredient Rocky Road Cups
Need more recipes? Subscribe to my email list! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there. You’ll receive posts, newsletters and so much more!
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. corn syrup
- 1 c. unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Line a quarter or half sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, set aside.
- In a 2 quart or larger microwave-safe glass mixing bowl combine the sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Mix in peanuts, then microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Mix in butter, vanilla and salt. Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes. Whisk in baking soda and quickly pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread into a thin layer.
- Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour until cool and set. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
-My microwave is 1000 watts. If yours is lower, you may need to add a minute or so to step 4. If yours is higher you may need to cook it for a minute less.
- have not tried doubling this recipe. I prefer making 2 batches. If you do I would recommend using a 4 quart bowl.