Chicken Broccoli Quesadillas
Gooey chicken broccoli quesadillas are a quick and simple recipe perfect for lunch or dinner. They are packed full of steamed broccoli, chicken, and wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.
Whenever we have leftover grilled chicken it either gets used in chicken salad or on a green salad. The other day I happened to have broccoli and chicken that needed to used, so I tossed them into a quesadilla and called it good. And do you know what? It was delicious! It reminded me of my Better Than Panera Broccoli Soup. 😍
This was a combo worth repeating. It was super easy to put together (maybe 10 minutes of prep) and only took a few minutes on the stovetop to cook. It would be perfect for lunch or dinner, just pair it with some fresh fruit or soup and you’re set!
What do I need to make broccoli chicken quesadillas?
I wanted to share all of my tips for making these delicious quesadillas a breeze to put together. Starting with one of my favorite products.
I’ve mentioned these Ziploc steam bags a few times over the years and I still love and use them all of the time! You can find them at some local grocery stores, but Target and Walmart always have them stocked. They are HUGE timesavers. I tossed the broccoli into one, popped it into the microwave for a minute and a half and boom, it was done and ready to be used. 🙌🏻
You can use leftover steamed broccoli or steam some on the stovetop too.
What kind of chicken does this recipe call for?
You can use either diced grilled chicken or pulled rotisserie chicken. Both are great options. If you want to add a little more flavor to the chicken, you can toss it in a little bit of mustard powder, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
We’re always cooking extra chicken. I usually cook 3 breasts at a time just so I have one to use the following day for lunch. It’s another timesaving tip I’ve picked up over the years.
Learn how to perfectly cook a chicken breast in my post here.
For the cheese you can use pretty much anything. I love colby jack because it’s mild and creamy. The choice is yours!
And finally you can use either white or whole wheat flour tortillas. This particular recipe calls for soft taco size, however if you want to use burrito size, simple double the “filling.” Does that make sense?
These chicken broccoli quesadillas are definitely going into our lunch rotation. Our kids weren’t phased at all by the broccoli or the whole wheat tortillas. Always a huge win!
LOOKING FOR MORE CHEESY BROCCOLI RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Rice Skillet
- Broccoli and White Cheddar Shells
- Lightened Up Broccoli Casserole
- Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
- Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Potatoes
Need more recipes? Subscribe to my email list! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there. You’ll receive posts, newsletters and so much more!
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 2/3 c. grated colby jack cheese
- 1/4 c. broccoli, cut into small florets and steamed
- 1/4 c. diced grilled chicken or pulled rotisserie chicken
- pinch salt and ground black pepper
- 2 soft taco size flour tortilla, white or whole wheat
- In a medium nonstick skillet set over medium-low heat, add the butter. Once melted, add one tortilla. Top with half of the cheese, then spread the broccoli and grilled chicken over top, dispersing evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with remaining cheese, then place the remaining tortilla over top.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until crisp and golden outside, and melty on the inside. Remove from the skillet and let cool for 3 minutes. Use a pizza wheel or sharp knife to cut into wedges. Serve immediately.
-You can easily double, triple or quadruple etc. this recipe to feed a family for dinner!