Yikes! I can’t believe the year is almost over, 2015 has flown by!!! I thought it would be fun to round up the most popular recipes from this past year and share them with you guys. So here are Life Made Simple’s Top 10 Recipes of 2015 + 10 family favorites. I hope you’ll give a few of these a try, I know they’ve been a big hit with our family & with all of those who have tried them! P.S. thank you to my readers and those of you who make/bake my recipes! This blog is for you and I appreciate your comments and support! This past year has been a whirlwind, especially after our newest addition arrived. With that said, I’ve been focusing more on family and less on all of the stuff that goes along with maintaining a blog, so if you leave comments/questions, I’ll get to them ASAP (I promise). And as always, feel free to email me with ideas for recipes… I love recipe testing! I’ve already got my calendar planned out & packed full of delicious recipes- I can’t wait to share them with you! Happy New Year, friends!!
TOP 10 RECIPES OF 2015 ON LIFE MADE SIMPLE
10. Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with Homemade Raspberry Syrup These light and fluffy lemon-poppy seed pancakes with raspberry syrup were a huge hit this spring/summer! They’re packed full of zesty lemon flavor and topped with an irresistible homemade syrup <<< it’s really yummy! Of course, if you’re more of a buttermilk pancake kind of person, you can always whip up these instead!
9. Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie I was given my grandpa’s cast iron skillet and I put it to good use! First up was this thick and chewy browned butter chocolate chip skillet cookie. I loved that I didn’t have to scoop or portion cookies or wash a bunch of cookie sheets. And the fact that it tasted amazing… well, I’m not surprised it was a hit with you all too! ????
8. The Best Homemade Pistachio Ice Cream This is hands down the BEST homemade pistachio ice cream I’ve ever had! It’s thick, creamy and loaded with chunks of pistachios. Us grown adults fought over who got to eat the last few spoonfuls. ????????
7. Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottom Cheesecakes with Vanilla Bean Salted Caramel Whoa. That was a crazy long title for such a tiny treat! These mini New York cheesecakes are a mash-up of two desserts and are drizzled in the most luscious homemade salted caramel you’ll ever make. Little bite-size pieces of heaven. I can definitely see why people were smitten by these.
6. Funfetti Birthday Cake Blondies ???? I’m a huge fan of anything funfetti (especially these cookies & these cupcakes). So when I was asked to make a treat to take to a party, I couldn’t help but whip up a batch of these buttery sweet birthday cake blondies. They’re made from scratch and don’t require any cake mix! Plus they’ve got a secret ingredient that makes them extra yummy!
5. Mint Chocolate Brownies Our college is famous for a few desserts, these are one of them! Of course this is my version, but I think they’re every bit as good as the BYU brownies we love so much. They’re always gone in seconds!
4. Quick & Easy Butter Garlic Noodles About halfway into my last pregnancy, I realized I wasn’t going to be able to do overly complicated dinners anymore (nor did I want to). I had to stick with quick, easy, family-friendly, one-pot meals. Although this one isn’t “one-pot,” these noodles were always a big hit with my family! We added some sausage or chicken to them and steamed veggies as a side. Delicious & done in under 30 minutes.
3. Better Than Takeout Fried Rice I finished up my “better than takeout” series with this 20 minute fried rice recipe. It’s the perfect side for my sesame chicken, sweet & sour chicken or extremely popular orange chicken. ????
2. 20 Minute Spicy Thai Noodle Bowls These 20 minute thai noodle bowls are so easy to whip up and they’re packed full of sweet and spicy Thai flavor! We make this recipe (and this version too) often, it’s almost effortless. No wonder why it’s so popular! ????????
1. Coconut Oil Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies You’d never guess that these thick, soft and chewy coconut oil oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are butter-free! That’s because they’re packed full of amazing tropical flavor! If you haven’t made these yet, grab a jar of coconut oil and make these NOW!! You can thank me later ????????????????
and now on to…
+ 10 FAMILY FAVORITE RECIPES OF THE YEAR!
10. Easy Italian Meatballs These flavor-packed easy Italian meatballs are a family favorite! They’re perfect to serve on top of a pile of spaghetti or to use for meatball subs! We make them a few times a month and NEVER get tired of them!! ????????????
9. Black and White Cupcakes After finally perfecting my chocolate cupcake recipe back in February, I was able to start using it as a base in other recipes like these white chocolate topped Dia De Los Muertos cupcakes. This combo was out-of-this-world awesome. So much so, that my husband deemed these as his new favorite cupcake!! ????
8. Buffalo Chicken Pizza with Cajun Crust One of our favorite pizzas ever! We always make enough dough for two pizzas just so we can make one pepperoni and one of these bad boys! It’s like taking a big bite out of a hot wing, only 100x better! ????????????
7. Homemade Honey Corn Dogs I’m not going to lie. I kind of love corn dogs. Weird, right?! Like most things I love eating, I try my best to recreate them at home. That’s where these easy honey corn dogs come in. They’re surprisingly easy to make and are ready to go in just 45 minutes! You’ll never go back to the freezer kind! ????
6. Crazy Delicious Pulled Pork Do I need to go into further detail? It’s easy, it’s delicious and it’s homemade. What’s better than that?? ????
5. Browned Butter Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies Cookies are my jam! These browned butter walnut chocolate chip cookies are my new favorite. They’re crisp on the outside, chewy in the center and loaded with chunks of nuts and gooey chocolate. ???????? Nom nom nommm…
4. Garlic Cheddar Bay Biscuits Everyone will love these garlic cheddar bay biscuits! They’re soft, fluffy and packed full of amazing flavor! Just like the ones from that super popular seafood restaurant, only better! ????????
3. Caramel Cashew Ice Cream Ultra creamy homemade ice cream studded with roasted cashews and swirled with salted caramel. It’s rich, decadent and absolutely divine! ???? My husband said this was the BEST homemade ice cream I’ve made, like ever!!!!
2. Spicy Lentil Sausage Soup A fall/winter favorite. This hearty one-pot spicy sausage and lentil soup is packed full of veggies, protein and a ton of flavor. It’s also ready to go in just 1 hour! Whaaat?! << Make it ASAP ????
1. Triple Chocolate Cookies Ahhhh. Yet another of my husband’s favorites. These thick and chewy triple chocolate cookies are for extreme chocolate lovers only! ???? ⚠️???? They’re loaded with white, semisweet and bittersweet chocolate chips & chunks and are oh so decadent. We can eat a batch of these like nobody’s business. ???? Note to consumer: freeze half of the cookie dough and bake a few at a time. ????
Whew. You made it to the end. I hope you’re inspired… or at least really hungry now! Thanks for reading along. Have a fun & safe new year!!