Buckets of blueberries
Bakery Blueberry Muffins
2 c. four
1 c. sugar
½ tsp. salt
1 tbsp. baking powder
¼ c. vegetable oil
4 tbsp. butter, melted
¾ c. whole milk
1½ tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 c. blueberries
2 tbsp. sanding sugar (for topping- optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 12 standard muffin cups with liners.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, lightly beat together oil, butter, vanilla, lemon zest, eggs and milk.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. With mixing speed on low, slowly add dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
5. Remove bowl from stand, gently fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle with sanding sugar.
6. Place into oven and bake for 24-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Place muffins on wire rack to cool completely.
Stephen + Natalie | Makes approximately 12 muffins