Heavenly Lemon Cream Pie
Creamy, silky, heavenly lemon cream pie. This no-bake treat is absolutely dreamy. It’s perfect for spring celebrations or summer BBQs.
Have you made a no-bake cream pie before?
It’s similar to a no-bake cheesecake, only slightly creamier. Unlike traditional pies, this heavenly lemon cream pie is made with a easy graham cracker crust and a simple whipped filling. It all comes together in the blink of an eye.
No blind baking, no worrying about the fruit setting, no soggy crust.
The most difficult step in this recipe is letting the pie chill. It needs at least 4 hours to “set.” I generally prefer to make this the night before I plan on serving it so that it gets extra solid. It’s worth the wait, I promise. This pie is downright dreamy.
Start by making the graham cracker crust. You’ll need 1 1/2 cups of finely crusted crumbs. You either use a food processor to crush sheets of graham crackers, or find a box of pre-crushed crumbs in the baking section. Yes, they exist! ??
Mix them with sugar, salt and melted butter, then press into a 9-inch pie dish. Make sure that the crust goes all the way to the edge of the pie dish. There’s a lot of filling!
Bake the crust for 7 minutes. This helps it become firm and less crumbly. Let it cool completely before filling.
While the crust is cooling make the filling. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. I used the latter.
Start by whisking sweetened condensed milk, fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon oil or extract in a medium mixing bowl, set it aside.
What’s the difference between oils and extracts?
Extracts are made by extracting the flavor of the source ingredient into a liquid base, usually alcohol.
Oils are the essential oil squeezed from the ingredient itself. They are much more concentrated and intense. Their flavor is more pure.
Then using your electric mixer, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, yellow food coloring (if using) and salt together. Start on low and work your way up to high. We’re essentially making whipped cream. Beat until stiff peaks form.
Mix in the mascarpone cheese for 30-45 seconds or until the filling is smooth and creamy.
Why use mascarpone cheese?
Mascarpone is similar to cream cheese only less tangy. It works well in this particular recipe because it has plenty of tang from the lemon juice and zest. You can find it at most well-stocked grocery stores next to the specialty cheese or ricotta.
Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 4 hours.
When you’re ready to serve the pie, top with whipped cream, fresh berries, mint and lemon slices. Of course, it’s just as delicious without anything too! ?
Cut and serve chilled to maintain its shape.
Because there is so much moisture in this pie, I highly recommend making it the day of or the day before. It should not be frozen.
If you’re like me and love lemon, this heavenly lemon cream pie is for you! It’s going to be appearing at celebrations all spring and summer long!
LOOKING FOR MORE PIE RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Perfect Coconut Cream Pie
- N0-Bake S’mores Pie
- Double Chocolate French Silk Pie
- No-Bake Mud Pie
- Classic Apple Pie
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Need more recipes? Subscribe to my email list! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there. You’ll receive posts, newsletters and so much more!
Heavenly Lemon Cream Pie Recipe
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - (1 stick), melted
For the Filling
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice - fresh
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp lemon extract - OR 1/4 tsp lemon oil
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 drops yellow food coloring gel - like AmeriColor (optional)
- pinch salt
- 12 oz mascarpone cheese
For the Topping
- homemade whipped cream
- fresh strawberries - OR raspberries, OR blueberries
- lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt, and melted butter. Toss until crumbs are moist.
- Press crumbs into a 9-inch oven-safe pie dish. Press up the sides to the edge or rim of the pie dish. Place in the oven and bake for 7 minutes, then remove and let cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon oil or extract. Whisk to combine, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, food coloring (if desired), and salt. Mix on low and gradually work up to high. Whip until stiff.
- Add condensed milk mixture and mix for 30 seconds on medium speed. Add the mascarpone and mix until combined, about 30-45 seconds on medium speed.
- Pour filling into the cooled crust and spread into an even layer. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To garnish, top with whipped cream, fresh fruit and lemon slices, if desired. Keep chilled.