Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
- 1 large butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (grade A or B)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place squash on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup. Toss with cinnamon and pepper.
Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, turning once during the middle of the roasting time (add pecans during this time too, if desired).
When squash is fork-tender, remove and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 483mg | Potassium: 492mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 13288IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 1mg