Instant Pot Quinoa Pilaf Recipe
Finally a quinoa pilaf that isn't bland or mushy! This easy Instant Pot quinoa pilaf is a side the entire family will love!
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 2 tbsp minced celery
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cup white quinoa
- 2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp kosher sea salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp parsley freshly chopped
Turn Instant Pot on SAUTE mode. When hot, add 1 tablespoon butter. When the butter has melted, add celery, onion, garlic, and quinoa. Toast for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
Add remaining butter, chicken broth, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and paprika. Place lid on and lock. Turn on MANUAL mode with high pressure selected for 1 minute (yes, ONE minute). Allow for natural release (this usually takes about 10-15 minutes).
Remove the lid and stir in parsley. Fluff with fork and serve immediately.
- Mushrooms make a great addition to this pilaf. If you plan on adding them, chop them, sauté them in a skillet until they're nice and brown, and then add them along with the parsley.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 418mg | Potassium: 394mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 266IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 3mg