Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole Recipe
This cozy, comforting cheesy ham and potato casserole is a crowd favorite! It's topped with an irresistible buttery cornflake topping.
Servings: 10 servings
- 16 oz sour cream low-fat or regular
- 12 oz cream of chicken soup
- 32 oz frozen diced hash browns
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 8 oz medium cheddar cheese grated
- 4 oz monterey jack cheese grated
- 1/4 cup yellow onion minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
For the Topping
- 3 cup cornflake cereal 2 cups crushed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a very large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, chicken soup, hash browns, ham, cheese, onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Transfer the mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish, pressing to form an even layer.
In a medium mixing bowl add the cornflakes. Crush into smaller pieces. Add the butter, then toss to combine. Sprinkle over the potato mixture.
Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until the edges begin to bubble. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- I bought thick slices of ham from my deli counter to cut up.
- You can use canned cream of chicken soup, however it will be slightly less than what the recipe calls for.
- This dish can be refrigerated overnight (without the topping) and tossed into the oven an hour before serving.
Serving: 10serving | Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 824mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1121IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 315mg | Iron: 4mg