Thai Chili Recipe
A delicious, Thai-inspired chili soup that is filled with chicken, beans, veggies and all the delicious flavors found in your favorite Thai food!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil OR canola oil OR coconut oil
- 1 lb chicken thighs cut into 1/2-inch pieces*
- 2 large carrots cut into thin slices
- 1 rib celery cut into thin slices
- 1 medium sweet potato cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger minced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (28 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 oz) can cannelilini beans
- 1 (14 oz) can chickpeas (optional)
- 1 (32 oz) box low-sodium chicken broth
- coconut cream scooped from the top of a can of coconut milk
- freshly chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
In a large stockpot or Dutch oven set over medium-low heat, add the oil. Once hot, add the chicken thighs and cook until lightly browned. Add carrots, celery, and potato, and onion, saute for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, saute for 3 minutes, then add the curry paste. Stir to combine.
Add salt, pepper, tomatoes, kidney beans, cannellini beans, chickpeas (optional), and chicken broth. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork-tender. Whisk in coconut cream.
Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with chopped cilantro, peanuts, and lime wedges, if desired.
* You can also use a rotisserie chicken for ease. Simply add shredded rotisserie chicken during the last 10 minutes of cook time.
- To make this meatless, simply omit the chicken and use chickpeas. Swap the chicken broth for veggie stock.
Serving: 6serving | Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 487mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 9617IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg