Homemade Pad Thai Recipe
Filled with sprouts, carrots, chicken and onion and cooked in a homemade sauce, this Pad Thai recipe has become a family favorite! It's simple and tastes jus like that found at the restaurants.
For the Sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp tamarind puree or concentrate
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes or 1/4 tsp. garlic chili paste (optional)
For the Noodles
- 1 (14 oz) pkg rice stir-fry noodles prepared according to package's directions
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil OR canola oil
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 1 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup carrots julienned
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts finely chopped
For Optional Garnish
- chopped peanuts
- chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
In a small mixing bowl whisk together the ingredients for the sauce, set aside.
In a large wok or a large, deep skillet set over medium-high heat, add oil. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes, then add garlic and saute for an additional minute. Push the ingredients to the side, then add the eggs and cook until scrambled. Stir to combine.
Add prepared noodles, bean sprouts, carrots, and sauce. Cook for 3 minutes, then add the peanuts and green onions and continue cooking for 2 additional minutes.
Remove from the heat and serve immediately. Top with chopped peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 758mg | Potassium: 428mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 3727IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg