Honey Mustard Chicken Salad Recipe
This honey mustard chicken salad is sweet, tangy and loaded with lots of crunch! It's a delicious, light yet filling meal or the perfect flavor-packed side.
- 1 large chicken breast seasoned and cooked, and cut into cubes*
- 2 strips bacon cooked
- 4 loosely packed cups greens I used a 50/50 spring mix and spinach blend
- 1/2 red apple cubed
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1/3 c. candied or caramelized walnuts
- 1/4 c. toasted sliced almonds
- 2-3 tbsp. honey dijon vinaigrette
Additional toppings (optional):
- 1/2 avocado cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. crumbled feta or gorgonzola
While the chicken and bacon are cooking, prepare remaining ingredients.
Use a large salad bowl or two medium salad bowls depending on the serving size. Place greens in, then top with remaining toppings.
Drizzle dressing over top and serve immediately.
Calories: 884kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 1084mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 4mg