White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn Recipe
This white chocolate peppermint popcorn is a quick and easy holiday treat. It's coated in white chocolate, crushed candy canes, and drizzled with dark chocolate.
Servings: 6 cups
- 1/2 cup jumbo popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup white chocolate melting wafers (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1/2 cup peppermint white chocolate baking chunks (I used Ghirardelli)
- 3 tbsp candy canes crushed
- 2 tsp festive sprinkles
- 1/4 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate melts optional
Using a popcorn maker or a large pot on the stovetop, pop kernels, set aside.
Melt white chocolate melts and peppermint baking chunks over a double boiler or in the microwave. Drizzle over popcorn, stirring constantly to prevent the popcorn from becoming soggy.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, wax paper or a silicone baking mat. Pour popcorn over top and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with candy canes, sprinkles and sea salt.
Melt dark chocolate melts over a double boiler or in the microwave. Drizzle over top if desired.
Place popcorn in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow chocolate to harden. Remove and break into pieces.
- You can buy pre-crushed candy canes during the holidays. I use them in all of my Christmas baking/candy making. They're all the same size and they don't stick together as much as when you crush them at home.
- I purchased my mushroom popcorn online, but I've seen jumbo popcorn (Popsecret?) at local grocery stores and Target.
- Do not use popcorn with butter or salt.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg