Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
These 6 ingredient peanut butter rice krispie treats are so addictive! They are sweet, salty, crunchy and topped with a layer of decadent chocolate.
Servings: 12 bars
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 1 (16 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coarse kosher sea salt + more from topping
- 5 cup crispy rice cereal white or brown
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks* or bittersweet chips
Line the bottom and sides of an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment or wax paper, set aside.
In a large non-stick pot set over medium-low heat, add the oil or butter. Once melted add the mini marshmallows. Stir every minute or so until they have melted completely.
Stir in peanut butter, then remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract and salt, mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in rice cereal, coat evenly.
With a rubber spatula, stir continuously until the mixture becomes smooth and shiny. Remove from heat and mix in salt and vanilla.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press with the spatula to create a dense, even layer.
In a double boiler or a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate until smooth. Spread over the top of the bars. Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 10-20 minutes before cutting and serving.
* I used Enjoy Life dark morsels as I am temporarily dairy free.
- I prefer using Skippy Natural (creamy) in all of my peanut butter recipes.
Serving: 12serving | Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 276mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg