Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan with Roasted Squash
This sheet pan chicken parmesan is juicy on the inside, crispy on the outside and topped with marinara and lots of melty cheese. 30 minutes is all you need to make this incredibly delicious meal!
Have I mentioned that I’m obsessed with sheet pan dinners?! I am. They’re so stinkin’ easy to throw together- it’s basically a toss it in and forget it kind of meal, which is perfect for a busy mom like myself. You can definitely look forward to more of these one pan dinners in the near future, but for now, I’m bringing you this chicken parmesan version.
Chicken parmesan has never been a big hit at my house, mainly because I’m the kind of person that always wants to go easy on the sauce. So having the ability to control how saucy this ended up was perfect! Also, I loved being able to serve it up with the squash (not having to dirty another pan) and then eating it with a big side salad. We left the dinner table feeling full and satisfied without eating plate full of pasta- low carb meal for the win! ????
My one teeny trick for you with this recipe (and with most sheet pan recipes) is to heat your pan in your oven while it heats. It’ll leave whatever you toss on it nice and crisp instead of soggy. Works like a charm every time. I hope you fall in love with this dish, it’s the perfect no-fuss meal!
- ⅔ c. Panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. oil, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 chicken breasts, filleted
- 2 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow neck squash, sliced
- ⅔ cup marinara sauce (homemade or storebought)
- ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped basil or parsley for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, place a standard size rimmed baking sheet inside and allow to get hot.
- In a shallow dish add bread crumbs, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red chili flakes and black pepper. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss until bread crumbs are moistened.
- In a separate shallow dish, lightly beat the egg. Dredge the chicken, one breast at a time in the egg, then transfer to the dish with crumbs. Press to make sure the crumbs stick to the chicken.
- In a small bowl toss zucchini in remaining olive oil. Remove pan from the oven and place the chicken onto the pan, add zucchini around the chicken. Season squash with additional salt and pepper if desired. Return pan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken reaches 160 degrees. Remove from the oven, spread the marinara sauce over the tops of the chicken and sprinkle with the mozzarella. Return the pan to the oven and BROIL for 2-3 minutes on HIGH or until the cheese melts and begins to bubble.
- Garnish with freshly chopped herbs, if desired. Serve immediately.