Broccoli Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt Dressing
Crisp, crunchy and full of flavor, this broccoli salad with lemon poppy seed yogurt dressing is the perfect summer side salad. It takes just 15 minutes to make!
Guys, the weather is warming up here in Utah, summer is definitely on its way! That means it’s time to grill everything & whip up all sorts of delicious no-bake goodies. Am I right?! This salad will definitely be joining at BBQ’s and get-togethers over the next few months. It’s super easy dish to throw together. I wanted to make it extra light by using a homemade yogurt-based dressing, and let me tell you, it tastes AMAZING!
I’m sure as you’ve strolled by the refrigerated salad dressing section at the grocery store you’ve noticed that a good amount of them are now made with Greek yogurt. It’s such a simple & healthy swap. Today’s dressing is so flavorful, you’d never guess it was made with yogurt (I used Stonyfield’s Whole Milk Greek Plain Yogurt) instead of mayonnaise (p.s. it was inspired by this yogurt based lemon poppy seed dressing over at The Cookful). You’ve gotta try it! It really balances out everything that’s going on in this salad.
Speaking of which, what I love most about it is the CRAZY amount of texture (and flavor) that you get in one bite. It may seem like a random combo of ingredients, but I promise you everything melds together perfectly. Once you’ve got everything tossed together, make sure to chill it or serve it right away. I prefer serving it as soon as possible because I like the sunflower seeds when they’re nice and crunchy. To make this salad a bit heartier, try adding quinoa, kale or mixed greens. Either way, it’ll be yummy.
Next time you’re in a pinch and need a quick, easy & flavorful side dish, give this broccoli salad a try- it won’t disappoint!
- 2 heads broccoli, trimmed into bite-size pieces
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ¼ c. chopped red onion
- ¼ c. dried cherries or cranberries
- ¼ c. sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ c. salted, roasted sunflower seeds
- 4 oz. medium or sharp cheddar, cut into small cubes
- For the lemon poppy seed dressing:
- ½ c. or Stonyfield Whole Milk Plain Greek or Regular Yogurt OR olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar (or less)
- 1½ tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- Add clean, dry broccoli pieces into a large mixing bowl. Add bacon, onions, cherries, almonds, sunflower seeds and cheese.
- To make the salad dressing, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, poppy seeds, lemon zest and salt until combined. Pour the desired amount dressing over the salad, toss to combine. Serve immediately.
-Double this to feed a crowd!!
-You can easily add 2 cups of washed greens to this salad (kale, spinach, spring mix etc.) OR try adding a cup of cooked quinoa.
Recipe source: adapted from Food Network & allrecipes
I’m partnering with The Cookful and Stonyfield as a member of their Clean Plate Club to bring you today’s recipe. I received this product for review, all opinions are my own. Thank you for helping me work with brands I love!