Peanut Butter Blossoms
These peanut butter blossoms are a holiday classic. A soft, chewy peanut butter dough gets rolled in sugar and pressed with a chocolate candy kiss.
Don’t tell the other desserts around here, but cookies are my favorite. Especially when they involve peanut butter… and chocolate! These classic peanut butter blossoms are something I look forward to snacking on every holiday season. They’re thick, soft and topped with a milk or dark chocolate Hershey’s kiss.
This recipe yields almost 5 dozen. I know! That seems like a ridiculous amount of cookies, but they’re on the small side, which means they’re great filler for cookie platters. You’ll make the dough, chill it for an hour or so, then bake them. If you don’t want to bake them off all at once, you can easily scoop the dough, roll the balls in sugar and then place them in a freezer-safe ziploc bag. They’ll stay good in the freezer for 3 months. Hello holiday prep!!
Grab a bag of Hershey Kisses next time you’re at the store and you’ll be ready to whip up these delicious little cookies.
You can bake them with or without rolling them in sugar, or you can roll them in festive sprinkles. I did all three and they were all devoured, although the kiddos really loved the Christmas colored ones!
Take care not to over-bake these cookies. Believe me, it’s easy to do! You’ll want to remove them from the oven when they look puffy, then press the kiss into them and pop them back into the oven to allow the kiss to melt into the cookie. Remember, these are small and peanut butter cookies can get really dry if you let them go too long. 10 minutes was the perfect amount of time for me. Let the cookies cool at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before storing them, especially if you plan on placing them on a platter, in a box or a cellophane bag.
If kisses aren’t your thing you can always press mini peanut butter cups into the centers of these cookies. The directions will be the same. Whether you choose kisses or cups these thick, soft peanut butter blossoms will be a hit!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher sea salt
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- About 60 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. With mixing speed on low, add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. With mixing speed on low, gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until combined. Cover dough with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Using a small cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon in size), scoop dough into balls, then roll in sugar and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes, remove and press kisses into the center of each cookie. Return to the oven and bake for 2-3 additional minutes. Remove and allow to cool on the baking sheets for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
LOVE THESE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS? HERE ARE SOME MORE DELICIOUS COOKIE RECIPES:
- Snowman Sugar Cookies – Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Triple Chocolate Cookies – Life Made Simple
- Maple Bacon Shortbread Cookies – Hey Grill Hey
- Christmas Cookies – Lil Luna
- Buried Chocolate Cherry Cookies – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies – The Baker Upstairs
- Pecan Pie Cookies – Namely Marly
- M&M Chocolate Christmas Cookies – Creations by Kara
- Chewy Ginger Cookies – Life Made Simple
- Florentines – Ashlee Marie
- Pistachio Pound Cake – Life Made Simple
- Italian Christmas Cookies – Cakescottage