Summer Veggie Pasta Salad
This fresh summer veggie pasta salad is a great way to use up all of those vegetables from the garden. It’s a cinch to make and the perfect side dish to take to BBQs and parties!
Summer isn’t complete without a few good pasta salads, am I right? This vegetable pasta salad is loaded with a variety of veggies and seasoned with spices and Italian dressing. It’s so fresh and delicious, it could easily be served as a main dish instead of a side.
My mother-in-law makes a pasta salad that’s really similar to this one, with the addition of artichoke hearts, mushrooms and avocado. But since it’s summer and tomatoes, zucchini, onions and bell peppers are in season, I thought I’d make a garden-friendly version. This salad is so easy to make, all you need to do is boil a large pot of pasta (1 pound), chop up the veggies and toss it together with the dressing. It’s ready to go in just 20 minutes!!
You can serve it right alway or you can cover it and let it refrigerate for a few hours beforehand. I prefer to let it sit because the veggies and noodles soak up the flavor from the dressing and get extra tender too. Either way it’ll taste delicious!
Be on the lookout for more pasta salad recipes, because they’re headed your way! I’ve got lots of ideas for delicious, easy, veggie-packed dishes, you’re gonna want to make them all!!
- 1 lb. pasta
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise then sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then sliced
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ medium red onion, diced or sliced
- ⅔ c. diced red bell peppers or diced roasted red peppers
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced black olives
- ⅔ c. Italian dressing (I used Newman's Own)
- ¼ c. grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp. freshly minced parsley
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. kosher sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place a large pot of water over high heat, bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package's directions. Drain and set aide.
- Meanwhile, prep the veggies, then in a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing, parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper.
- In the large pot, combine the pasta, veggies, and dressing. Stir until combined. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple