Mint Overload Bark
A quick and easy holiday treat! This mint overload bark is swirled with dark and mint chocolate, topped with mint cookies, candies, and chips.
I like to refer to this bark as “clean out your pantry and use all the mint things bark.” But for SEO purposes we’re going to just call it mint overload. 😉 This recipe is sooooo easy to make. It takes about 20 minutes total and half of that is letting it set! It’s a fun, festive treat for St. Patrick’s Day or for when you’re feeling like something EXTRA minty.
This particular bark calls for a swirl of both dark and mint chocolate, crushed Thin Mints, chopped Andes, and mini mint chocolate chips. I totally get that the average person may not have all of these exact ingredients on hand, and that’s ok! You can easily make this using whatever you have, that’s the fun thing about bark. You can swap out the Thin Mints for Grasshoppers or mint Oreos and the mini chocolate chips can be easily substituted as well. Guittard, Nestle and Hershey’s all sell mint versions. Of course you can order these exact chips online too (found here and here).
To make the bark, simply melt the chocolates in two separate bowls (I did mine in the microwave), then pour one onto a parchment lined baking sheet, drizzle the other on top, then swirl them together. Everything else gets sprinkled on top. Refrigerate it for 10-15 minutes or until it’s set and then break it up. Easy, right?! I had my 2 1/2 year old help me make this and she was able to everything by herself (aside from microwaving the chocolate and opening the refrigerator door ☺️). If she can make this so can you!
This delicious candy is so easy to make, you’ll be swirling up batches left and right. It makes a great gift or a fun treat for special occasions. Enjoy!
Mint Overload Bark
- 8 oz. dark chocolate melting wafers (I used Ghirardelli)
- 6 oz. mint chocolate chips
For the top:
- 3 tbsp. mint chocolate chips
- 10 Thin Mints, chopped
- 12 Andes Mints, chopped
- Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In two small microwave-safe bowls, add dark chocolate wafers to one and mint chocolate chips to the other.
- Heat the chocolate melting wafters for 30 seconds on HIGH, then stir. Repeat twice if needed.
- Heat the mint chips for 30 seconds on HIGH, then stir. Repeat twice if needed.
- Spread the chocolate melting wafers over the parchment paper, then drizzle or dollop the mint over top. Using a butter knife, swirl the two together, taking care not to over-mix.
- Sprinkle the top with the chips, cookies and mints.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 10 minutes. The chocolate should be firm. Remove and cut or break into pieces.