30 Minute Pesto Tortellini
Get dinner on the table in no time with this 30 minute toasted tortellini with pesto. It only requires 8 simple ingredients!
30 Minutes + 8 Ingredients
Our family is kind of obsessed with pesto. My three year old begs me to make it at least once a week, so it’s no surprise that today’s dish quickly became a favorite.
Toasted tortellini with pesto is super flavorful, filling, and easy to throw together – all you need is 30 minutes and 8 INGREDIENTS including:
- three cheese tortellini
- cremini mushrooms
- salted butter
- minced garlic
- black pepper
- fresh basil
- grated parmesan cheese
Combined they make a delicious and simple dinner the whole family loves!
How to Make Pesto Tortellini
What I love most about this dish is that it’s budget-friendly, wholesome and fresh! I used Buitoni’s Three Cheese Tortellini and their Pesto with Basil, both of which are convenient and speedy (bonus: no GMO ingredients). They have a huge variety of products, all of which we have tried & really enjoyed.
Here’s how I made this 30 minute toasted tortellini with pesto:
After cooking the tortellini according to the package’s instructions, I toasted it, along with some mushrooms in a large skillet.
I added a bit of freshly ground black pepper for seasoning along with 4 cloves of minced garlic. Once the garlic was fragrant, I removed the pan from the heat and tossed the pasta with the pesto.
I wanted to keep things on the lighter side, so I only added about ¼ cup of pesto. If you prefer more sauce, feel free to add 1/3 cup!
Some julienned basil and freshly grated parmesan really made this dish! Don’t skimp on these ingredients, trust me.
How to Store, Variations + Sides
This is a great recipe to reheat for leftovers. TO STORE, just place in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the skillet or in the microwave.
There are so many ways to change up this recipe, but here are a few ideas:
- MEAT – Add some of our favorite meat. Sausage and grilled chicken breast are our favorites!
- VEGGIES – throw in some cooked squash, zucchini, peppers or broccoli to make it even more hearty and flavorful
- CHEESE – add more of your favorite cheese or even SHAVED parmesan if you’re a cheese lover.
And for some of our sides that pair well with this pesto tortellini, check out:
This toasted tortellini with pesto is definitely something we will be making time & time again. We ate every last bite! It had just the right amount of garlic and basil, and plenty of cheese.
For more pesto and tortellini recipes, check out:
- 1 (20 oz.) package three cheese tortellini
- 12 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp. salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ c. prepared pesto with basil
- ¼ c. julienned fresh basil
- ⅓ c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the tortellini according to package's directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, as the tortellini is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Add the drained tortellini and cook until lightly toasted and browned around the edges. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the pesto, basil and parmesan. Serve immediately.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.