Creamy Lemon Dill Tortellini
I don’t know what it is about spring but I love incorporating things like dill, lemon and vibrant veggies into dishes. This super easy 30-minute creamy lemon dill tortellini is perfect for rushed weeknight dinners or just when you’re in the mood for something light and fresh. It’s packed full of flavor and is filling enough to feed a family of four or more!
I think I mentioned a while back when I shared this creamy tortellini spinach and tomato soup that my husband isn’t a huge fan of refrigerated pasta. I can happily say that’s changed since making that soup and this dish. I’ve found more flavor and and texture is best when it comes to elevating pre-filled pasta! Anyway, he was super skeptical when I told him what was for dinner, but as soon as he took one bite of this pasta he was smitten- so much that he went back for seconds! Success!!!
I love two things about this dish. 1- it’s super easy to throw together and 2- it’s got a great creamy/cheesy sauce that compliments the three cheese tortellini I used. Oh, and of course, it’s got both dill and shallot. Winner winner!
Making this couldn’t be easier. Simply boil the tortellini according to the package’s instructions, then add the sugar peas towards the end. Meanwhile in a separate pan saute the shallot and garlic until fragrant and translucent, then add in the chicken broth, heavy cream, lemon zest, dill and parmesan cheese. When the sauce thickens combine everything together and it’s done! Easy, right?!
Garnish with additional cheese and dill and you’ve got a pan full of delicious pasta! Next time you’re looking for something creamy and cheesy, you’ve got to give this dish a try!
- 20 oz. refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 c. (or a large handful) sugar snap peas, ends removed
- 1½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- ½ c. parmesan cheese, divided
- Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil, cook tortellini according to directions on the package (about 5 minutes). Add the sugar snap peas during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat and the olive oil. Add the shallot and cook until fragrant, then add the garlic, stirring frequently to prevent burning. When they are both translucent, add the chicken broth, heavy cream, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and dill.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce has thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Add half of the cheese and stir until melted, then add in the tortellini and peas. Toss to coat and garnish with remaining cheese and additional dill, if desired.
Recipe source: adapted from Kitchen Confidence