Black Pepper Parmesan Popcorn
Happy National Popcorn Day! We’re celebrating by popping a big bowl of this black pepper parmesan popcorn- it’s a family favorite!! With just 6 simple ingredients you can turn plain ‘ole popcorn into something absolutely delicious!
A few months ago our family made stovetop popcorn for the first time. Our toddler’s eyes lit up as each kernel popped. Needless to say, we’ve been doing popcorn each and every Sunday since! Usually we stick to the traditional butter & salt, but this time we shook things up a bit by adding a generous amount of black pepper and parmesan to the popcorn after it was popped.
Guys, it was soo good! It tasted really similar to the pre-popped bagged kind I really love. And it was super easy. BONUS!!
We gobbled down the entire bowl within a matter of minutes… which is probably a good thing, because this popcorn doesn’t last very long (with the fresh parmesan).
Next time you’re having a party, a family movie night, or just feel like popping some popcorn, you’ve gotta try this recipe. It’s simple, flavorful and takes little to no time to make! Enjoy!! ????????
Black Pepper Parmesan Popcorn Recipe
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil - OR canola oil OR coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
For the Topping
- 3 tbsp butter - melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt - optional*
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Set a large Dutch-oven or large pot over medium-high heat, add the oil. Place 3 popcorn kernels in the oil. When the first kernel pops, add the remaining kernels and cover. Remove from the heat for 15-20 seconds, then return to the heat and shake every 1-2 minutes. After about 3-4 minutes all of the kernels should pop. Remove the lid and pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the popcorn and stir to combine. Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese, tossing as you go. Enjoy immediately.
Don’t forget to check out 11 NEW popcorn recipes:
- Churro Popcorn– Ashlee Marie
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Creations by Kara
- Avalanche Popcorn – Real Mom Kitchen
- Pretty-In-Pink Popcorn – Butter With A Side of Bread
- Jalapeno Popper Popcorn Balls – The Stay At Home Chef
- Snickers Caramel Popcorn – The Baker Upstairs
- Samoa Popcorn – Like Mother Like Daughter
- Candy Flavored Sugar Popcorn – Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Easy Homemade Kettle Corn – Yummy Healthy Easy
- Chocolate Caramel Crunch Popcorn – Summer Scraps
+ 18 other yummy popcorn-inspired recipes:
- Homemade Caramel Corn – Life Made Simple
- Butterfinger popcorn – Like Mother Like Daughter
- Snickers Peanut Butter Popcorn – Butter With A Side of Bread
- Peanut Butter Puppy Chow Popcorn – Ashlee Marie
- Kettle Corn – Real Mom Kitchen
- Gourmet Cinnamon Roll Popcorn – Creations by Kara
- Frozen Popcorn Snowballs – Life Made Simple
- Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn – Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Double Chocolate Sweet and Salty Party Mix – Summer Scraps
- Popcorn Bar & A Movie Night – Ashlee Marie
- M&M’s Caramel Popcorn – Summer Scraps
- Movie Night Chocolate Chip Cookies – Life Made Simple
- Popcorn Cake – Butter With A Side of Bread
- Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn – Like Mother Like Daughter
- Peanut Butter Popcorn – Butter With A Side of Bread
- Red Hot’s Candied Popcorn – Ashlee Marie
- Caramel Apple Pie Popcorn – Real Mom Kitchen
- Cinnamon Bear Popcorn – Jamie Cooks It Up!