You won’t be able to resist diving into a big bowl of this Chicken Paprika Egg Noodle Casserole. It’s made with No Yolks®- they’re cholesterol free, smooth, firm and delicious! They always cook up right which means goodbye noodle mush, hello noodle perfection.
This particular recipe was inspired by a Hungarian dish called Chicken Paprikash. It’s a very loose interpretation with a hint of Italian flair. You start by sautéing the veggies, making a roux and then simmering the noodles in a seasoned broth, all in the same pan. Once the noodles are cooked, you add in the cream, sour cream and chicken. I used rotisserie chicken to save time which ended up being a really good idea. I sprinkled a bit of parmesan cheese on top and baked it until everything got nice and crunchy.
The noodles were still nice and tender yet firm, and the sauce was nice and thick. Our family fell in love with this warm & cozy dish. It’s filling, flavorful and comforting. It’s also on the lighter side, which is always a bonus. If you’re planning on serving this to a crowd, I’d use a large stockpot to make the base and then transfer it into a large casserole dish to bake. Everyone will love it! For more delicious egg noodle recipes, make sure to check out the No Yolks® recipe page.
Chicken Paprika Egg Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms - sliced
- 1 yellow onion - diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper - diced
- 1 celery stalk - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp flour
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley - minced, divided
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme - minced*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (8 oz) bag egg noodles
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 cup rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot or Dutch-oven set over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms and brown, about 4-5 minutes. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic, saute for about 4 minutes. Sprinkle the paprika and toast until fragrant. Add the flour and cook until a thick paste forms, taking care not to burn. Slowly pour in the chicken broth and whisk until a slightly thick broth forms. Add the tomato sauce, tomato, bay leaf, half of the parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, add the noodles, cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook until the noodles are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, stir in the heavy cream, sour cream and chicken. Top with parmesan and place into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove and garnish with remaining parsley. Allow to rest for 8 minutes before serving.
My favorite comfort food is pancakes with sausage.
i sent out a tweet: https://twitter.com/electricstar/status/714208014379581441