Chili Mac and Cheese
Hearty, cheesy, and oh so delicious! This chili mac and cheese is packed full of flavor and ready to go in just 30 minutes. It’s two of my favorite comfort foods made into one seriously yummy dish!
The Super Bowl is right around the corner… are you guys ready for the big game? We’re not huge NFL fans but we do love watching all of the commercials and eating lots of yummy food!! I’m sure we’re not the only ones ???? This chili mac and cheese would be a great main dish to make- it can totally feed a crowd.
You’ll need a handful of easy-to-find ingredients and just half an hour to whip up this pot of gooey, cheesy goodness. You can definitely make it ahead of time too, just rewarm it during half time and it’s good to go!
Serve it with a big slice of my buttermilk cornbread and watch it get devoured right before your eyes! If you’re looking for more game day grub make sure to check out more of my main dishes, sides, snacks and desserts HERE!! Enjoy ????????????
Chili Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion - diced
- 1 anaheim pepper
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can pinto beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- 4 cup chicken broth - divided
- 1/2 lb dried elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded, divided
- Add olive oil to a Dutch-oven or large stock pot set over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add onion and pepper, cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the ground beef and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the chili powder, paprika, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and beans. Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir macaroni noodles and cover; simmer until the pasta is al dente, about 14-16 minutes. Meanwhile in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, combine the sour cream, milk and cream cheese. Whisk until smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Pour into the large Dutch-oven or stock pot. Mix together until combined. Top with remaining cheese and cover with lid until melted, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.