Chocolate Peppermint S’mores Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips - melted
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) butter - room temperature
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 sleeve chocolate graham crackers - more if needed
- 1 cup miniature peppermint marshmallows
- 1/2 cup regular miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Ghiradelli peppermint bark baking bar - chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 or a quarter baking sheet with parchment paper. Use the chocolate graham crackers to cover the parchment, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, sugars, vanilla and peppermint for 2-3 minutes. Add melted chocolate chips, mix until combined. Add egg, then egg yolk, mixing just until combined.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. With mixing speed on low, add dry ingredients. When no flour pockets remain, turn off and remove bowl from stand. Spread cookie dough over the graham crackers, in an even layer.
- Place in oven and bake for 6 minutes, remove and gently press in remaining graham crackers (broken into pieces), marshmallows, chocolate chips and baking bar pieces. Place in oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the marshmallows become lighty golden in color. Remove and allow to cool in pan for 25-30 minutes before removing and cutting into bars.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple