Happy National S’mores Day!!! I’m super excited to share this recipe with you today. It’s inspired by the graham cracker s’mores bars I made a few years back, only these bars are all chocolate! I was trying to come up with something to “snack on” over the weekend, something that would last a few days and that wouldn’t require a lot of work. These bars were the perfect solution. All you need to do is whip up a batch of chocolate cookie dough and assemble the bars as you go. They only take 18 minutes to bake and are perfectly gooey and toasty when they come out of the oven- no campfire needed! I cut our bars into generously sized squares, but these are rich, so miniature squares would be perfect too. I hope you eat something wonderful today, even if it’s just a classic s’more!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup Hershey's natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) butter - room temperature
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips - melted
- 1/2 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 sleeve chocolate graham crackers - more if needed
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 Hershey's milk chocolate candy bar
- 1 Hershey's dark chocolate candy bar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 or a quarter baking sheet with parchment paper. Use the chocolate graham crackers to cover the parchment, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, sugars and vanilla for 2-3 minutes. Add melted chocolate chips, mix until combined. Add egg, then egg yolk, mixing just until combined.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. With mixing speed on low, add dry ingredients. When no flour pockets remain, turn off and remove bowl from stand. Fold in ½ c. chocolate chips and ⅓ c. miniature marshmallows. Spread cookie dough over the graham crackers, in an even layer.
- Place in oven and bake for 6 minutes, remove and gently press in remaining graham crackers (broken into pieces), marshmallows, and candy bar pieces. Place in oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the marshmallows become golden brown in color. Remove and allow to cool in pan for 25-30 minutes before removing and cutting into bars.
Inspired by Graham Cracker S’mores Bars