2. In the bowl of a food processor, grind all ingredients for crust, except for the melted butter. The mixture should resemble slightly coarse crumbs. Remove mixture and pour melted butter over. Mix until crumbs are wet. Press evenly into the bottom of each hole. Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes.
It’s been a while since I’ve used my mini cheesecake pan. I meant to use it for Thanksgiving but never got around to it. That tends to happen a lot around here lately. I wonder why 😉 Ok, I do know why- it’s because we have an adorable almost 3 month old that loves attention and being held! Most days when I try to make something he’ll sit happily in his bouncer or sleep in the Bjorn while I scurry around like a mad woman. He’s so sweet and patient… and very observant. Other days he demands my full attention and wants to play elsewhere, which I am perfectly ok with! This past Tuesday he was content just hanging out in the kitchen so I got to work. I started by making an Oreo crust for the base, then a standard sour cream cheesecake for the filling. Then I added peppermint extract and a heaping scoop of peppermint baking chips and mini semisweet chocolate chips to give these their flavor. For the finishing touch I piped on homemade whipped cream and topped them with Candy Cane Kisses. They were perfect- a triple threat of sorts! Creamy, chocolatey and pepperminty. So very good!!!
Mini Peppermint Cheesecakes
14 Oreo cookie halves (or 7 cookies with the filling removed)
1½ tbsp. melted butter
1½ tsp. sugar
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
¼ c. sugar
1 (8 oz) package original cream cheese, room temperature
¼ c. sour cream, room temperature
¼ c. heavy whipping cream, room temperature
½ tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. peppermint extract
pinch of salt
⅓ c. Andes peppermint baking chips
⅓ c. mini semisweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp. powdered sugar
½ c. heavy whipping cream, chilled
¹⁄₈ tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
12 Candy Cane Kisses for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray mini cheesecake pan* generously with baking spray.
3. Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together sugar, cream cheese, sour cream, salt, vanilla, and peppermint extract until smooth (about 2 minutes). Add vanilla, heavy cream, mix, then add the egg and mix until incorporated. Add flour and mix until just combined. Remove bowl from stand and fold in peppermint & chocolate chips. Pour mixture into cooled crusts, dividing evenly.
4. Place cheesecakes in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes before covering and placing in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours (note: the cheesecakes will sink a little, this is normal).
5. To make the whipped cream, in the bowl of a stand mixer (preferably chilled) fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together all ingredients for approximately 2 minutes- cover and chill until needed.
6. To assemble, remove cheesecakes from pan and remove bottom plates. Pipe with whipped cream and top with kisses. Serve immediately!
NOTE: Although I’ve never tried making these in a cupcake tin, my recommendation would be to line the pan, double the crust and filling, and increase the bake time to 25-30 minutes (just wiggle the pan to be sure they are set before removing them from the oven).
Life Made Simple Original Recipe | Makes 12 mini cheesecakes *using the Chicago Metallic Mini Cheesecake Pan
See All Products
Lil' Luna Products
4th of July
Total Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes