Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies
These thick and chewy peanut butter blondies are a family favorite. They’re loaded with mini peanut butter cups and peanut butter chips.
It’s no secret that I love peanut butter. While I prefer peanut butter cookies, sometimes throwing the dough into a pan is sooo much easier. These blondies are thick, chewy and loaded with peanut butter chips and teeny tiny peanut butter cups. Basically a peanut butter lover’s dream come true!
These bars are a breeze to make. You’ll need to melt the butter/peanut butter/brown sugar together (which can also be done in a large bowl in the microwave if you don’t want to use the stovetop) which helps get that chewy texture we’re going for. The rest is stirring ingredients and spreading into a pan. Simple enough, right?!
You can find mini peanut butter chips and mini peanut butter cups at most well-stocked grocery stores. You could also add Reese’s pieces or some other peanut butter based candy to these and they’d be just as amazing!
Just take care when baking these bars. You do NOT want to over-bake them. They should be chewy (not gooey) on the inside and crisp on the edges. So keep an eye on them around the 20 minute mark and check for doneness. Remember, this is a thick batter spread over a large pan, so it doesn’t take long for it to bake. Resist cutting them for at least 20 minutes after they come out of the oven. The peanut butter cups will still be warm and gooey… mmmm!
Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13-inch metal baking pan with foil, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine butter, peanut butter and brown sugar. Stir until the mixture is completely melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before adding the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Gradually add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until only a few streaks of flour remain, then add peanut butter chips and peanut butter cups. Fold until combined.
- Spread the thick batter into the prepared baking pan, smooth the top. Add additional chips and peanut butter cups to the top for a "decorative" touch, if desired.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-24 minutes or until the blondies are set. Do not over-bake. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before cutting and serving.