You’re going to fall in love with this dish! These quick & easy butter garlic noodles are crazy flavorful and come together in under 30 minutes.
I’m always on the hunt for recipes that whole family loves, and this one is just that. It’s right up there with our lightened fettuccine alfredo and broccoli white cheddar shells and is loved by everyone!
The Most Flavorful Noodles
Lately, I’ve been trying to simplify our family dinners. That means anything that requires minimal prep work has shot to the top of my list and if it takes less than 30 minutes, even better!
Pasta has always been a fav in our house and today’s butter garlic noodles are quite possibly the easiest noodles I’ve ever made!
Not only that, but they’re crazy flavorful and filling. Win-win! We like to serve it with some grilled chicken and zucchini for a complete meal. Trust me when I say you’ll want to add this to the meal rotation. 😉
How to Make Garlic Butter Noodles
All you need is a pound of pasta (any shape will do but I prefer one that will hold sauce well), butter, garlic, salt, pepper and cheese. And then it’s just four easy steps:
- While your pasta is boiling, in a medium saucepan heat the butter until melted.
- Add 8 cloves of minced garlic and sauté until tender and fragrant.
- Add in the salt and pepper and pour over the drained pasta.
- Toss with parmesan and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and garnish with some fresh parsley (totally optional).
That’s it. Crazy easy, crazy delicious.
Variations/additions: this recipe is super simple so feel free to add and swap ingredients to make it your own!
- Baby spinach
- Red pepper flakes
- Add grilled chicken strips to make it more filling
- Egg noodles or whole wheat noodles
- If you want to get extra fancy you could brown some of the butter for a nuttier flavor… I mean, brown butter makes everything 10x more delicious, so you can’t go wrong!
What is the difference between parmesan cheese and Parmigiano Reggiano? Parmesan cheese is an imitation of Parmigiano Reggiano. You can use both in this recipe for a rich flavor profile without using all of your nice expensive cheese.
How to properly mince garlic? Take your head of garlic and press down with the flat part of your hand to loosen the cloves from the head. Take each clove and smash with the flat part of the knife with the flat part of your hand. Remove the outer skin and smash it again. Then dice and mince the garlic into small pieces.
Can you use garlic powder instead? You can use garlic powder in your garlic butter noodles but it won’t carry the same kick and authentic taste.
Storing Info + Side Ideas
I can’t tell you enough how much we love these noodles. My husband kept going back for more and more! So if you have leftovers store them in your refrigerator for up t0 3-5 days in an airtight container!
What to pair with this?
I hope you’ll fall in love with this dish- I know our family did! Pasta, butter, garlic, salt, pepper and cheese… that’s a hard-to-beat combo! Enjoy 🙂
LEARN HOW TO MAKE QUICK & EASY BUTTER GARLIC NOODLES IN THE VIDEO BELOW:
Quick & Easy Butter Garlic Noodles Recipe
- 1 lb pasta - whole wheat or regular
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter - OR ⅓ c. olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese - grated
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese - grated
- 1-2 tbsp fresh parsley - chopped (optional)
- In a large stock pot full of salted water, cook pasta according to package's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan set over medium low heat, melt the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the minced garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes or until translucent and fragrant. Do not brown the garlic! Add the salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta, return to the large stockpot. Pour the garlic-butter sauce over top, stir to combine. Allow the pasta to rest for 3-4 minutes so that it can absorb some of the sauce. Serve and garnish with cheeses and parsley (if desired).