Santa’s cookies are fun, festive and loaded with sprinkles and M&M’s. Perfect for Santa’s plate, holiday parties, or gift giving!
One of the first things I do when the holidays roll around is clean out my pantry. I always have some candy from the previous season stashed away, odds and ends that never got used. I just happened to find some M&M’s and cute sprinkles. They were perfect for Santa’s cookies!
What are Santa’s cookies? Festive cookies for Santa’s plate. Of course they can be for holiday parties (work parties, classroom parties etc.) or gift giving too! And you can easily add things like white chocolate, milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips to them as well.
The recipe for these cookies is pretty straightforward. It doesn’t require dough chilling or any special ingredients.
It does however, require more brown sugar which makes them extra thick, soft and chewy. Oh, and some quality vanilla extract. ALWAYS use quality vanilla.
Once the dough is ready to go, use a standard size cookie scoop to portion the dough out. I prefer a smooth surface on these particular cookies, so I opted to roll them in my hands before placing them on the cookie sheets.
You can also freeze the dough in a large ziploc bag and bake them later (this works well if you want to prep cookies earlier in the month).
If you want to make these extra fancy for Santa, reserve some of the M&M’s and sprinkles to add on top of each ball of dough. That’s usually what I do for pictures.
P.S. That’s our son’s list for Santa this year, it was the perfect prop for this shoot! ?
Santa’s cookies are a hit every year. They’re loved by kids and adults alike. How could they not be?! They taste amazing AND look adorable!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES FOR SANTA’S COOKIE PLATE? TRY THESE:
- Perfect Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Classic Gingerbread Cookies
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- Perfect Roll-Out Sugar Cookies
Need more recipes? Subscribe to my email list! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there. You’ll receive posts, newsletters and so much more!
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher sea salt
- 1 c. M&M's
- 1/4 c. festive sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the sugars, mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With mixing speed on low, gradually add the dry ingredients until a few streaks remain. Fold in M&M's and sprinkles with a spatula.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop, portion dough and roll into smooth balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and let rest on the sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
-If you want a prettier appearance, reserve 2 tbsp. of M&M's for the top as well as 1 tbsp. sprinkles. Press into the the balls of cookie dough after they are scooped/rolled.