No need for a campfire with this no-bake treat! These s’mores muddy buddies are a tasty combination of chocolate, graham cracker cereal and marshmallows.
Our family took a quick pitstop in Florida before we moved on up to the D.C. area, and boy was it hot & humid there! We spent most of our days in the pool trying to beat the heat. The kids and I were on the hunt for an easy no-bake treat and this s’mores muddy buddy mix was the perfect sweet snack! It only requires a few ingredients and can be whipped up in just 15 minutes!
You’ll need Chex cereal, Golden Graham cereal, graham crackers, chocolate chips, Nutella or peanut butter, mini marshmallows, and powdered sugar. Simple enough, right? For this particular batch of muddy buddies I used Nutella, but you could use another chocolate spread if you happen to have one on hand. If you want to get extra fancy, instead of adding additional chocolate chips to the mix, you can toss in a handful or two of Hershey’s drops… it’s totally up to you!
Toss everything together in a BIG bowl and serve it up poolside or on your next camping trip! This is such a fun, tasty treat that kids and adults will love- trust me!
If you love muddy buddies as much as I do, you’re going to have a hard time not devouring the entire bowl of this delicious mix! Be warned!!
S'mores Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 1/2 cup chocolate spread - like nutella, or peanut butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 cup golden graham cereal
- 3 cup corn chex cereal
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Additional Mix in
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In a large mixing bowl combine the chocolate spread (or peanut butter) and the chocolate chips.
- Place in the microwave and melt for 30 seconds on high, three times, stirring in between. Once the chocolate is nice and smooth, stir in the mini marshmallows, then fold in the cereal.
- Transfer the cereal to a large ziploc bag, add the powdered sugar, seal and shake to coat.
- Toss in a large clean bowl along with the Golden Graham cereal, graham cracker chunks, chocolate chips (or Hershey's Drops), and mini marshmallows.