You’re going to love this spiralized veggie pad thai. It’s a tasty twist on a classic. Loaded with veggies and protein, this 30-minute meal is sure to become a new favorite!
We loooove Thai food, how about you? There’s a great little restaurant here in SLC that we go to every few months and I can’t get enough of their Thai fried rice, Massaman curry and pad Thai. Today I’m doing something a little different and sharing a veggie-packed version of pad Thai, and it’s every bit as delicious as the original.
I’m no stranger to bulking up dishes with “hidden” veggies. It’s kind of my thing. Just ask my husband… and toddler. When OXO sent me their countertop Spiralizer I knew I wanted to make something Asian-inspired, more specifically a noodle dish. So I went to work spiralizing two zucchinins and two large carrots. The spiralizer was a breeze to set up and use (I loved that it suctioned to the counter for added stability). It came with three stainless steel blades for different size noodles: spaghetti cut (1/8th inch), fettuccine cut (1/4th inch), and ribbon. I chose the spaghetti blade. It only took a few minuets to make a handful of gorgeous veggie noodles. My little guy thought it was the coolest thing ever!!
They blended so incredibly well with all of the flavors going on in this dish, you could hardly notice them! Our family gobbled this right up!! It was sooooo good!
If you looking for something easy, flavorful & filling, you definitely need to give this pad Thai a try! For extra protein try adding shrimp, chicken or tofu! P.S. don’t forget to check back for more spiralized/low-carb recipes over the next few months, they’re going to be amazing, I promise!
Try using The OXO Spiralizer with sweet potatoes, butternut squash, beets, celeriac, apples and cucumber!
Spiralized Veggie Pad Thai Recipe
For the Sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp chicken broth
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Thai chili paste
For the noodles
- 4 oz brown rice noodles
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 large carrots*
- 2 tbsp olive oil - divided
- 1/4 yellow onion - cut into lengthwise strips
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions - chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts - chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro - fresh, chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, soak the noodles in cold water.
- Spiralize the zucchini and carrots into small noodle-shaped strands. In a large skillet set over medium heat, add 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil. When hot, add the zucchini, carrot, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until soft. Make a well or nest in the center of the pan and add the egg. Cook for a few minutes, until scrambled; transfer everything to a plate.
- Add the remaining half tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Drain the softened noodles and stir-fry for a minute. Turn heat up to medium-high, pour in the sauce and let it simmer for a minute or two, or until the the sauce thickens.
- Add in the vegetables, sprouts and the white parts of the green onions. Cook for a minute or two, then remove from the heat, serve and garnish with the remaining green onions, peanuts and cilantro.
-You can always by pre-made pad Thai sauce, however this is a delicious, homemade alternative.
-Add you favorite protein to the dish to bulk it up!
Disclosure: I’m partnering with OXO to bring you today’s recipe. I received this product for review, all opinions are my own. Thank you for helping me work with brands I love!