These white chocolate cranberry pistachio cookies are thick and chewy. The flavors balance each other out perfectly: sweet, salty, tart and nutty. They will quickly become a holiday favorite!
I made these cookies a few weeks ago for a luncheon and they ended up being such a hit I thought I’d remake them and take a few pictures… and this time I actually mean a few! ?
Cranberry and white chocolate is a pretty standard fall/winter flavor combo (thanks Starbucks!). I thought I’d add one more ingredient to the mix: pistachios. We LOVE pistachios, so any time I can bake with them, I do! While I think these cookies would be great with pecans or even macadamia nuts, there’s something about the pistachios that makes these cookies!
What I love about this recipe is that it is so quick and easy. There’s absolutely no dough chilling required. Just mix up the dough, fold in the add-ins and portion the dough out.
To portion the dough, I like to use a standard size cookie scoop so that all of the cookies bake up the same size. I also roll them in my hands to create a smooth surface. This step is not required. For a more “rustic” look, just scoop them and pop them onto the lined cookie sheet.
If you want to make the dough ahead of time, you can freeze the portioned dough in a ziploc bag for up to three months. Label the bag with the recipe name, bake temperature and bake time. This is a great way to get a head start on holiday baking.
Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. You want them to be soft, not dry and tough. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 3 minutes (this helps them set and not break as they are being moved), then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Grab a glass of milk and enjoy! These cookies are perfect for holiday gatherings, gift giving, or just snacking on!
LOOKING FOR MORE CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- The Best Cranberry Apple Crisp
- Pistachio Layer Cake
- Instant Pot Cranberry Meatballs
- The Best Homemade Pistachio Ice Cream
- Mini Cranberry Orange Cheesecakes
Need more recipes? Subscribe to my email list! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there. You’ll receive posts, newsletters and so much more!
White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 c. 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar - packed
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher sea salt
- 1 c. chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- 1/3 c. coarsely chopped unsalted pistachios
- 1/3 c. coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the sugars, mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With mixing speed on low, gradually add the dry ingredients until a few streaks remain. Fold in the white chocolate, pistachios and cranberries with a spatula.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop, portion dough and roll into smooth balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and let rest on the sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.