Biscoff Stuffed Snickerdoodles
2 c. all-purpose flour
½ c. sugar
½ c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. whole milk
½ c. oil
½ c. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. cream of tartar
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ c. sugar + 1½ tbsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. powdered sugar
2 oz. original cream cheese
¼ c. chunky Biscoff spread
2 tbsp. Biscoff cookies, ground into fine crumbs
½ tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, oil, milk, and sugars. Beat until smooth and creamy.
3. Add egg and vanilla extract, mix until just combined.
4. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Whisk to combine. With mixing speed on low, gradually add mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Remove bowl from stand and chill dough while preparing the remaining parts.
5. In a small mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Place in refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar. Whisk to combine, set aside.
7. When dough and filling are sufficiently chilled, remove from refrigerator. Using a standard size cookie scoop, form balls of dough. Break each ball in half and pat to make a flat circle. Place a quarter size ball of dough on one flat circle, then top with plain flat circle. Press the edges and form a ball in the palm of your hands. Roll into cinnamon sugar mixture and place on a prepared baking sheet (you should get 12 to a sheet). Continue the process until the remaining dough/filling has been used.
8. Place in oven and bake for 12-14 minutes (these cookies will not brown, they will just get crispy so don’t over bake them). Remove from oven and allow to cool on sheets for 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Willow Bird Baking, Gingersnap Cheesecake Stuffed Snickerdoodles | Makes approximately 20 stuffed cookies