Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Muffins
This week finally feels like fall! We’ve been enjoying the brightly colored leaves, crisp air and pumpkin goodies during these past few days, how about you? One of my favorite things to do in the morning is cook or bake. Usually it’s pancakes or muffins, but lately I’ve been hooked on cinnamon rolls! These pumpkin cinnamon roll muffins are our latest addiction. They only require 6 ingredients and are ready to go in just 30 minutes. Plus they make the house smell absolutely amazing!
You heard right, you only need 6 ingredients for these delicious muffins, and the main one is a favorite: Pillsbury® Cinnamon Sweet Rolls®! They come pre-rolled in the tube, so all you need to do is gently unroll them, pat them flat and spread them with a bit of pumpkin butter or pumpkin puree (see NOTES if you use puree). Easy!
Roll them up and stick them in a muffin tin with liners, that way they’re easy to serve and mess-free. Place them in the oven and bake them for about 15 minutes (follow the directions on the package, they may require a minute or two more) or until the tops get golden brown.
Just like that ????. You’ll know they’re done when you can tap on the tops and they sound kind of hollow. Also, when the pumpkin butter starts to ooze out of them. Mmm… ????
I wanted to use one of my favorite cream cheese frosting recipes to top these little muffins with. It’s thick, tangy and perfectly sweet. Plus you can whip it up in a matter of minutes!
While the cinnamon roll muffins are cooling, add the cream cheese and butter to a medium size mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. P.S. >>> make sure they’re room temperature (I usually stick them out first thing, that way they can warm as I do everything else). Then add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat for a few more minutes. I like really thick frosting so I didn’t add milk to it, but you can if you prefer yours to be thinner.
Spread it on top of the warm muffins and enjoy immediately! They’re super simple to make and will be devoured in minutes, I promise!
I can’t wait to make these again, they’ll definitely become a fall tradition for our family. So simple, so delicious and perfect for the season. Did I mention they’re totally kid-friendly. Our toddler loved helping out!
Make sure to stop by Walmart and grab a few tubes of Pillsbury® Cinnamon Sweet Rolls® so you can enjoy these too! Happy baking!! ????????????
- 2 Pillsbury® Cinnamon Sweet Rolls® tubes
- ⅔ c. pumpkin butter or pumpkin puree*
- Cream cheese frosting:
- 4 oz. (1/2 block) cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ c. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with 16 liners, set aside.
- Open the tubes of cinnamon rolls and carefully unroll each individual roll. Gently spread the roll out and pat it flat to about 1" in diameter. Spread with pumpkin butter or pumpkin puree. Roll up and place in the liners.
- Place in the oven and bake for 14-16 minutes or until the tops are golden brown in color. Remove and allow to cool while preparing the frosting.
- To make the frosting, in a medium size mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and butter, beat with a hand mixer for about 1 minute. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, beat an additional minute (if you want the frosting to be thinner, add a splash of milk and beat for 15 seconds more). Spread on top of the warm muffins, serve immediately.
*I used pumpkin butter because that's what I had on hand, it already has spices blended into it. You can also use puree, just be sure to add 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice and whisk to combine.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.