Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
These easy, flavorful, sheet pan chicken fajitas are sure to become a favorite! They’re oven-roasted to perfection!
I love a quick and simple dinner. These sheet pan fajitas are just that! They only take a few minutes to prep and the rest is done in the oven. Meanwhile you can whip up some of our favorite spanish rice and a bowl of homemade guacamole. As soon as these come out of the oven, top them with your favoring fixings and dinner is served!
We’ve made these fajitas at least 7 times over the past few months. I think it’s safe to say they’re a favorite. They’re a little heavy on the prep work (meaning you’ve gotta slice up peppers, onions and chicken) but other than that, they’re a breeze.
What makes these fajitas extra special is the method in which they’re cooked. The peppers and onions get tossed on a HOT sheet pan first. That way you can drain off a bit of that excess liquid without loosing flavor. Plus they tend to need a bit more time to get nice and brown. Then you toss on the chicken let it go until it’s nice and brown.
After it comes out of the oven squeeze some lime juice over top (add a touch of freshly chopped cilantro) and it’s ready to be devoured- and trust me it will!
I’m not going to lie. We could eat these every week and I’d be totally fine with that. They’re insanely flavorful and you can easily customize them by adding whatever toppings you’d like. I’m all about the cheese, sour cream, salsa and lettuce. The hubby prefers cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and guac.
Just know that however you choose to top them, they’re gonna be good! Enjoy!!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 3 tbsp. vegetable, grapeseed or avocado oil, divided**
- 3 bell peppers, seeds removed, ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 - 1½ lb chicken breasts, ¼-inch thick slices*
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. coriander
- ⅛ tsp. chili flakes or cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a standard size rimmed baking sheet in the oven while it heats so that it's nice and hot.
- In large bowl toss 1 tablespoon oil with the bell peppers and onions. Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and spread the peppers and onions evenly across the sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl, combine the remaining oil along with the chicken, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, paprika, coriander and chili flakes.
- Remove the sheet from the oven, drain off any excess liquid and add the chicken, making sure to separate the pieces of chicken from each other (that way they don't bake together.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are roasted and the fajitas are golden brown. Remove, squeeze the lime juice over top and serve with desired toppings.