Pizza Bagel Bites
Kids and adults alike will love these 5-ingredient pizza bagel bites! They only take minutes to make & bake and even less time to devour!!
These are insanely simple to make, and you can switch it up by changing the toppings. You will be a lunch-time hero for sure. For more lunch wins try Homemade Honey Roasted Peanut Butter, Crispy Buffalo Chicken Nuggets, Homemade Honey Corndogs.
A Quick and Easy Lunch!
Lately we’ve been making pizzas for lunch using flatbreads, and I have to tell you, it’s been freeing. Not having to plan ahead (to make homemade dough) has been so nice, especially with two little kiddos.
The other day we were out of our favorite garlic flatbreads but we had a bag of mini bagels so we broke them into halves and used them for the base. I kind of loved them. They were a hit with our entire family, and I think they’ll be one with yours too!
We’ll be making these babies over and over again. They’d be a great party appetizer, perfect for school lunches, or a really speedy dinner solution.
You can even prep them ahead of time and freeze them in a ziploc bag so when huger strikes all you have to do is toss them into the oven for a few extra minutes. Next time you’re at the store, grab these 5 ingredients and get busy!
How to Make Pizza Bagels
SLICE. Here’s what I did. I started by halving the bagels. Since there were four of us (two adults and two kids), we made 6 and it was the perfect amount.
TOPPINGS. I grabbed a pouch of pizza sauce (yes, don’t judge, you can make your own too but I love the Rustic Crust kind & the scratch version our grocery store sells), spread a dab of it over the bagels, topped it with a sprinkle of parmesan, some mozzarella and a generous amount of mini pepperoni.
BAKE. I tossed them in the oven at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until I noticed the pepperoni getting nice and crispy on the edges. After letting them cool for a few minutes I sprinkled on a bit of extra parmesan and a pinch or two of fresh herbs. Start to finish it took me 15 minutes to make these delicious little pizza bites- that’s it!
Air fryer instructions: Instead of baking these, you can fry them in an air-fryer. Pop your homemade bagel bites in an air fryer at 355 degrees for about 5 minutes. You want your bagels to be toasted and your cheese to be melted!
Other Toppings and Variations
Other topping ideas
To make these healthier, you can make your own dough, rather than using store-bought bagels, or use whole wheat bagels. In terms of toppings you can use turkey pepperoni, as opposed to fatty pork. To make it vegan, you can use vegan cheese that’s made from almond/soy milk.
Storing and Freezing
Leftovers: Because of the cheese, you need to refrigerate any leftover pizza bagel bites. Reheat these in the oven on a baking sheet until warmed through, or in a toaster oven until warmed through.
Freeze leftovers in an airtight container or storage bag for 4-5 months. There’s no need to thaw before reheating in the oven.
Freeze before baking: You can also assemble your pizza bagels and freeze them before baking. Once they are assembled, flash freeze them on a sheet pan. Once frozen, transfer them to a container or storage bag and keep in the freezer for 4-5 months. You can bake them frozen without thawing beforehand, although the bake time will be longer.
For more pizza recipes, try:
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Muffins
- Homemade pizza
- Mexican Pizzas
- Chicken Pesto Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
Pizza Bagel Bites Recipe
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni
- 3 mini bagels
- 6 tbsp pizza sauce - (I used Rustic Crust Pizza Crust)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese - divided
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Freshly chopped basil or parsley - optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a quarter sheet pan with a silicone baking mat.
- Spread the pepperoni on a paper towel lined plate and microwave on high for 20 seconds. Use the paper towel to dab off all of the excess grease you can.
- Slice (or break) the bagels in half so that you have 6 pieces, place on the prepared baking sheet.
- For each bagel bite, spread 1 tablespoon of sauce over top, sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of parmesan cheese over the sauce, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of mozzarella, followed by a generous amount of pepperoni.
- Place in the oven to bake until the cheese is melty and the pepperoni begins to get crispy around the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes before sprinkling the tops with the remaining parmesan cheese and chopped herbs (if desired).
- You can easily customize the toppings for these, try adding black olives or chunks of ham.
- Doubling or tripling this recipe is super easy! These are great appetizers because they take no time to make & bake!