Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
This tender, zesty blueberry lemon bundt cake is a breeze to make! It’s got Easter written all over it!!
Who’s ready for spring? I know I am! ???? The weather has been beautiful here in Utah, so much so that we finally were able to see the flower bed in our front yard (the snow is finally gone). When I brushed away some of the wood chips out popped the tops of a few lily bulbs. It’s been a long winter for our family, and I can’t wait to get outside and soak up the sunshine with the kiddos.
As soon as the weather warms up I immediately want to bake with fresh fruit. While we were out the other day, we picked up a few things at Walmart to make this bright and cheery blueberry lemon bundt cake for a family dinner. I grabbed a box of Pillsbury™ Purely Simple™ White Cake & Cupcake Mix and a bag of their Pillsbury™ Purely Simple™ Buttercream Frosting Mix – it made whipping up this cake a breeze!⌚️ Something a busy mom like me really appreciates. Did I mention they’re preservative & artificial flavor free? Yess! ????
Plus this cake only requires a few added ingredients like milk, lemon yogurt, fresh lemon juice and zest, fresh blueberries, and a splash of vanilla extract. Super simple yet so tender, sweet and delicious.
What I love most about this recipe is that it’s something you can make with your family. I’ve made plenty of recipes over the past few years that require a lot of focus and precise measuring. This cake is definitely something your kids can make with you- mine did! Our toddler had a lot of fun stirring in the blueberries and zest. ????????
I can’t wait to make this cake again and share it with the rest of our family and friends. It was simple, bursting with flavor and will be absolutely perfect for Easter. Next time you’re strolling down the aisle, make sure to stock up on Pillsbury™ cake mixes and frostings so you can “mix up a moment” with your family. Enjoy & happy baking!
P.S. Check back for a fun & festive Pillsbury™ Easter cupcake idea- it’ll be on the blog soon! ????????????
Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
For the Cake
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter - room temperature
- 1 cup lemon yogurt - Greek or regular
- 2 tbsp lemon juice - fresh
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 lemons - zested
- 2 cup blueberries - fresh
For the Frosting
- 1/2 package frosting mix
- 4 tbsp butter - melted
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard bundt cake pan with non-stick baking spray; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cake mix and the butter until a thick dough forms. Add the yogurt, lemon juice, milk, mix until combined. Add the eggs and beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Using a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula, fold in the lemon zest and blueberries. Pour into the bundt pan and bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown on top and set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes before inverting onto a platter.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size mixing bowl, beat the frosting mix, butter, water and extract with a hand mixer until smooth. Spread over the warm (but not hot) cake. Garnish with extra blueberries, lemon slices or mint.
Save on Pillsbury products by snagging a coupon HERE.
Discover more ways to #MixUpAMoment on Pinterest!
We’d love to see how you #MixUpAMoment with your family. Snap a picture and share it on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!
Disclaimer: comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.