Lightly dressed chickpea salad is filled with chopped summer veggies and Greek flavor. It is fresh, easy, and SO tasty!
Light & Refreshing!
There is something so yummy about a nice, fresh salad! We love salads at our house, even the kids, and we eat them ALL of the time. I love adding new recipes and variations to my salad rotation and this is a new must-make.
This is full of chopped fresh veggies which makes it a perfect summer salad. You can use those never-ending zucchini and tomatoes straight from the garden! All of those fresh vegetables come together and are coated in a light dressing.
The veggies can be prepped ahead of time making it a prefect quick lunch on busy days…keeping you on track with those healthy eating goals!! You can easily add a protein such as chicken if you’d like. Either way, it’s absolutely delicious!
Making Chickpea Salad
VEGGIES. Mix zucchini, chickpeas, tomatoes, red bell peppers, feta, Kalamata olives and capers in a large bowl.
DRESSING. Make dressing by whisking together olive oil, basil, vinegar, rosemary, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper and then pour over salad.
MARINATE. Let marinate in the fridge a few hours before serving.
Tips + Variations
If using canned chickpeas you should drain and rinse them.
This is a great healthy salad because the chickpeas provide an easy source of protein and the veggies provide a wide variety of vitamins and minerals.
- Make a simple dressing out of olive oil, salt and pepper, parsley, and lemon juice. This will give it a fresh and light taste.
- Top it with crumbled blue cheese or crumbled feta cheese.
Making Ahead Storing
I would go ahead and chop your veggies ahead of time and assemble the salad right before serving. This will save you so much time and just require you to drain and rinse the chickpeas and mix it with your veggies.
STORE this salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-4 days. The chickpeas will eventually become slimy. The sooner you eat the salad the better!
For more light salads, try:
Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 2 c diced zucchini
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 1 c grape tomatoes - halved
- ¾ c red bell pepper - chopped
- ½ c feta cheese - crumbled
- ½ c Kalamata olives - chopped
- 1 tbsp capers - drained and chopped
- ⅓ c packed fresh basil leaves - roughly chopped
- ¼ c white balsamic vinegar - or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- ½ tsp dried Greek oregano
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes - optional
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Mix zucchini, chickpeas, tomatoes, red bell peppers, feta, Kalamata olives and capers in a large bowl.
- Make dressing by whisking together olive oil, basil, vinegar, rosemary, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper and then pour over salad.
- Let marinate in the fridge a few hours before serving.