These chocolate chip cookie dough energy bites are healthier way to satisfy your sweet tooth! They’re loaded with wholesome ingredients and taste absolutely amazing!
Where are my fellow cookie dough lovers? I know you’re out there!!
It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with cookie dough. But not the kind with raw eggs. I had to quit sneaking bites of that long ago when I found out I was pregnant with our oldest. I haven’t looked back ever since. Weird, right?! Now I enjoy the egg-free version stuffed into these decadent candy cups or swirled into one of my favorite ice creams.
But… since it’s the new year and we’re all trying to eat a little healthier, I thought I’d share these guilt-free cookie dough energy bites. They’re packed full of wholesome (minimally processed) ingredients. You can feel good about eating one, or two, or three of these guys… they’re about 100 calories each.
Grab your food processor and let’s get started!
You’ll need to pulse the dates into a smooth, tacky paste (p.s. I prefer using dates versus honey in no-bake treats for taste reasons). Then add the almond butter, flaxseed, ¼ cup of toasted coconut, oats, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Pulse until combined (see picture below). It should look like a thick crumb mixture. Pinch the mixture in between your fingers to see if it holds. If not, add 1 tablespoon warm water to the mixture and pulse for 15 seconds.
Transfer mixture to a medium mixing bowl and fold in the mini chocolate chips. If you want use chocolate covered sunflower seeds or mini m&ms you can do that too 🙂
Using a mini cookie scoop or a tablespoon, form balls and roll them in your hands to smooth them out. Place them in a ziploc bag or an airtight container and refrigerate them for 15 minutes before eating them.
You can store them for up to 1 week, which means you can snack on them all week long! These are great for lunch boxes, after school snacks, post-workout treats, or outdoor adventures. My kids absolutely LOVED them. Yay!
Next time you’re looking to curb your sweet tooth, grab a few of these wholesome little energy bites- they’ll do the trick!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Energy Bites Recipe
- 14 medjool dates - pitted (fresh, soft and sticky)
- 8 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut - toasted
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pulse dates in a food processor until a paste forms. Add the almond butter, flaxseed, ¼ cup of toasted coconut, oats, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Pulse until combined (see picture above). It should look like a thick crumb mixture. Pinch the mixture in between your fingers to see if it holds. If not, add 1 tablespoon warm water to the mixture and pulse for 15 seconds. Continue if needed until the mixture is sticky (but not too soft, you want it to hold its shape).
- Transfer mixture to a medium mixing bowl and fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Using a mini or standard size cookie scoop, portion the dough, then roll into smooth balls with your hands. Store in a ziploc bag or airtight container in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving, or for up to 1 week.
-When making these gluten-free, dairy-free or vegan, please use the appropriate products. I have general ingredients listed, however, you can easily swap them out for your favorite ones 🙂