This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sunsweet Growers. All opinions are 100% mine.
These dark chocolate tropical granola bars are made with wholesome ingredients and are packed full of Sunsweet dried fruit! Plus they’re a cinch to whip up… just 10 minutes of hands-on prep!
Granola bars are one of my favorite snacks to make. Why? Because you can toss in whatever ingredients you want, cut them up and take them on the go. Plus they’re totally kid-friendly, which is always a huge bonus. These tropical granola bars are my latest creation and I’m totally loving them.
I paired chopped dark chocolate with pieces of Sunsweet’s new Philippine Tropicals: Thai Coconut Chip and Philippine Pineapple. If you’re a mango fan I’d highly suggest adding bits of Philippine Green Mango & Philippine Mango to them too!
Sunsweet Philippine Tropicals come from unique microclimates with ideal growing conditions that deliver a delicious taste of the tropics. These sweet treats are a guilt-free tropical get-away for your taste buds!☀️????
Sunsweet’s new flavor, Philippine Green Mango, are picked just as they begin to ripen. Each piece of the Green Mango is packed with delicious tanginess that will leave you craving more. I really love the new Sunsweet Thai Coconut Chip! They’re crunchy with a hint of vanilla and they go great in/on just about anything (but especially in these no-bake bars).
Some of their previously launched flavors include Sunsweet Philippine Mango. They come from a less traveled island of the lush Philippines that produces mangos even the locals rave about! They’re thick, soft pieces with a sweet floral taste and just happen to be America’s #1 mango. Sunsweet Philippine Pineapple is also a previously released flavor (and another favorite). It’s juicy, delicious and like the other Tropicals, is great on its own as a snack or tossed into a homemade treat. ????????
The combo of dark chocolate and sweet fruit was absolute perfection. The almond butter, honey and sea salt paired perfectly with all of the other ingredients. We wrapped them up and stashed a few in the pantry and a few in my purse to snack on each day. They were gone by the week’s end. Each bite tasted like I was on a warm and sunny vacation instead of frozen in snowy Utah ???? I can’t wait to make another batch of these bad boys again!
Dark Chocolate Tropical Granola Bars Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup old fashioned oats - pulsed in a food processor for about 5 seconds
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal - brown or white
- 3 tbsp almonds - sliced
- 3 tbsp cashews - chopped
- 3 tbsp pecans - chopped
- 2 tbsp golden flaxseed meal - optional
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate - chopped
- 1/4 cup Sunsweet Philippine Pineapple - chopped
- 1/4 cup Sunsweet Thai Coconut Chips
- Line a 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside. NOTE: I prefer criss-crossing them for easy removal.
- In a medium size microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine the almond butter and honey. Microwave on medium power (I did 5) for 1 minute, then stir and repeat. Remove from the microwave, add the vanilla whisk vigorously until smooth. Allow the mixture to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, rice cereal, nuts, flaxseed meal, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the cooled almond butter mixture into the dry ingredients. Using a large spatula, fold the ingredients together until no dry spots remain, then pour in all of the fruit and all but 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips. NOTE: it's ok if the chocolate chips melt a little bit, it adds more flavor to the bars! Mix until combined, then pour into the prepared pan. Press firmly to create an even layer. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate chips on top, then cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours. Remove from the pan using the edges of the parchment paper and transfer to a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 rectangular bars or 12 squares. Store in a plastic bag at room temperature for up to 5 days.
-You can easily add quinoa, millet or amaranth to these bars!
Speaking of tropical getaways, Sunsweet is offering a travel sweepstakes (#FindYourParadise) for the chance to win a trip to a warm/tropical destination!! It’s as easy as picking your tropical destination (it has to be domestic – Hawaii, Caribbean Cruise or Florida) and voting. Enter the sweepstakes at Sunsweet Find Your Paradise Sweepstakes and through Facebook. The winner will be selected randomly. Plus there will be additional opportunities for weekly winners to receive a gift basket containing the new Tropicals flavors and beach gear.
What is your dream tropical vacation? Hop on over to findyourparadise.sunsweet.com, vote for your desired location & leave a comment below, I’d love to know!